The buzzer rang, signaling the end of the game. Northern Rock's Varsity soccer team won 15-13 against Foxborough, and the crowd was ecstatic. It wasn't every day the team won, and with no offense to them, they weren't the best team.

"Ashton!" A female voice yelled out, causing Ashton to break free from the massive group hug of his teammates. He looked around, seeing his best friend Mali running towards him. She threw her pom poms to the floor and hugged the brunette tight, her arms draped around his neck. Ashton chuckled and hugged back, his arms secured around her waist. He picked her up, spinning her around. The two were giggling like maniacs at their win. After two spins, Ashton slowly put Mali down, their visions dancing.

"you did so good," she cooed as she removed her hands from around his neck and moved them to his cheeks, pinching them.
Ashton winced and groaned, trying to swat her hands away. Mali started giggling as she let go.

"That hurt you, asswipe," Ashton grumbled, which made Mali laugh even more.
Calum, who was watching the whole encounter, stomped up to the two. Mali and Ashton turned their heads towards him
Ashton blushed and awkwardly coughed.

"Mali, go get changed; we're leaving soon," Calum grunted and walked away.
Mali nodded and turned back to Ashton.

"You still coming over tonight? Mom made your favorite." Ashton smiled as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Of course, I could never miss Mrs. Hood's famous spaghetti," Mali giggled.

"Mali! Let's go!" Calum yelled from across the field, his arms crossed. He turned on his heel and started walking to the locker rooms. Mali rolled her eyes as she and Ashton began their walk to the locker rooms.

"I'll meet you out here in ten," Maki said, and she walked into the girl's locker room to get out of her sweaty cheer uniform
Ashton nodded as he made his way into the locker room. He walked over to his locker, where he was greeted by a shirtless Calum talking to another of his teammates.

Ashton's eyes widened, and his breath got caught in his throat. This wasn't the first time he'd seen Calum shirtless, but every time he did, he always failed in not popping a boner.
Speaking of boner, he could feel his little friend slowly rising. It only got worse as he watched Calum take his shorts off. Ashton cleared his throat and opened his locker, quickly grabbing his clothes and running into a free stall.

He sat down on the toilet seat, his breath ragged. He focused on the yelling and chanting of the rest of the team in an attempt to calm himself down.

After about five minutes, he was calm enough to put on his sweats and hoodie.
He opened the stall door to see only a few guys, including Calum, left in the room.
Ashton walked to his locker and stuffed his dirty clothes into his bag.

"I heard you're coming over for dinner tonight," Calum said, not looking up from his phone. Ashton nodded. Calum scoffed and put his phone back into his pocket. He swung his bag over his shoulder and got up in Ashton's face.

Their faces were inches apart. Ashton could feel the other's hot breath on his face. Ashton's face was turning a crimson red, and he prayed Calum would play it off as the brunette being intimidated.

"Listen here, Irwin. If I hear that, you dare try anything with my sister." He said, jabbing a finger into Ashton's chest. He leaned closer, his mouth inches away from the brunette's ear. Ashton swore he could hear Calum's heartbeat beating a mile a minute.

"or else Steve Irwin won't be the only Irwin who was thrown in with alligators," he muttered into Ashton's ear, which caused a shiver to go down his spine. Calum leaned back from Ashton's ear and stared at the brunette dead in the eyes. Ashton gulped and nodded.

"Good," Calum muttered. He pushed Ashton's shoulder into the wall behind him and walked off.

When he heard the locker room door slam shut, Ashton released a breath he had been holding. He slowly slid onto the floor, his back pressed against the wall. He leaned his head against the scratchy brick wall and sighed.

All he wished was that Calum connected the dots and realized Ashton liked him and not his sister.

Speaking of Mali, she was blowing up Ashton's phone, asking where he was. He took a deep breath and slowly stood up, swinging his bag over his shoulder, mentally preparing to have dinner with Calum after whatever the fuck that was.