Chapter 3

Authors note: Sorry we haven't update in so long :/ won't happen again but yeah here is chapter 3 sorry for any grammatical errors blah blah blah..... Enjoy! Please be sure to vote and comment, really love feed back thankyou!!

Amanda's P.O.V

As I watched Breanna crawl into her tent Rocky pulled me aside "We have to go. Relocate. We can't stay here any longer. The flare and all the shots we fired, I'm sure hordes are on their way right now." She said sternly sharpening her knives. "But we-" I was quickly inturupted by her. "Watches. Shifts. They need to be established. I'll take tonight's watch. When you wake up explain to the other the plan, we leave in the morning. We will stop by the drug store and sheriff station before taking off. Ok?" she explained. I could sense a hit of paranoia in her voice. "Fine." I simply answered hoping she would pick up on my underlying tone of reluctance. Who was she bossing me and everyone around. I mean even though shes right and I agree with her, you don't talk to me like that. I called Axle and trotted back to my tent to get much need sleep.

As I woke I turned to see a panting wide eyed Axle waiting for me to take notice of him. "Good morning boy!" I chirped while his ears rose. I opened my tent in to the morning sunshine to see the camp completely packed, no one but Rocky was awake. My god did she do this all herself? I came from behind her and tapped on her shoulder. She didn't turn around, she continued her task but answer " What?". "You know I could he-" I was cut off once again by her rude manners. " It's fine, just remember what I told you last night about the other we got to go." When she finally turned I could see her face, dropping the bags underneath her eyes were terrible. Boy am I glad I didn't take night watch, but honestly. Now it's pissing me off, what the hell is wrong with her. I shook it off and did as I was told. " Just be careful shes superrrr bitchy today." I warned the other with a playful smile. They couldn't help but all giggle in unison which brought a smile to my face. Then we finally headed off to the store.

Once there everyone was collecting food and what not. We were there for a good and productive ten minutes. "Shit I think we may be surrounded". Rocky hissed tying up her tangled brown hair in a ponytail. I began picking at my own hair trying to untangle the dull brown strands. We all looked like messes, hot messes mind you. What I wouldn't give for a nice hot shower... and food. My stomach let out a growl of hunger... I hadn't eaten all day. Erika had made some disgusting brown substance she called "oatmeal" for breakfeast and when I had refused to eat it and went for some granola bars she had slapped my hand and told me to starve. I let out a huff replaying the incident over in my head. " I'll check the back to see if theres an exit." Anna said breaking the silence as she walked torwards a door marked "employes only". My eyes wandered around the shabby drugstore out of boredom. The floor at must've been tile at one point looked some what earthy due to the filth and grime that had accumulated over the year or so. Practically all of the shelves were empty mainly because other groups like our own in need of supplies. The place was filled with a putrid stench, that was most likely because of the mangled corpses of some poor soul the obviously wasn't lucky. I scrunched my nose in disgust as I saw the tenth rat scamper by toward the corpse, nibbled on its ear, and scampered back to its hiding place.

Before I throw up I remembered how I had nothing to throw up. Reminiscing I glared at the grey eyed girl responsible. " How many do you think there are?" Breanna whispered, concern etched all over her face. "About five or ten" responded looking out the window. A smirk crossed my face I got up and stretched before turning to Rocky "Nothing Axle and

I couldn't handle" I said confidently. "Absolutely not, you'll get yourself killed!" Erika said glaring at me. I rolled my eyes "Relax can handle a few walkers!" I replied. "Not with you're recklessness, it's a miracle you still alive." Erika retorted placing her hand on her hips. "Oh come on first you wont let me eat and now I can't even handle it have a little fun with walkers?" I whined doing my best impersonation of a five-year-old. "See! This is exactly why, you're treating like a joke!" Erika began to throw her arms up. " Well guess what it's not, walkers aren't toys they are dangerous and won't hesitate to kill you." she yelled clearly exasperated. " Erika please! I'm one of the best fighters in the group. I can handle it!" I said through my gritting teeth. " No you can't Amanda you're a reckless irresponsible child."she shrieked stepping forward. "We'll recklessness is one of my many talents!" I retorted moving forward so we were nose to nose. Just as Erika opened her mouth, Anna came back "No exit, but there is a ladder leading up to the roof." she said. " I could watch Amanda." said a soft voice from the corner. We all turned to Mary who began to shift uncomfortably under our gaze. "I could go on the roof, and take out any walkers that get to close to her. She could use the practice" she continued in a barley audible whisper. "See! Mary has my back!" I beamed ignoring the comment about me needing practice. " don't take advantage if Mary!" Erika hissed but Rocky raised her hand to speak. "Look you guys are going to attract more walkers, Amanda you go and clear the lot. We'll be here if you need help, Mary you go on the roof and look out for her." I held in a girly squeal and shoved Mary to the back.

I then turned and merrily skipped to the entrance, Axel trotting right after me. Giving the girls a salute and blowing and enraged Erika a kiss, I picked up my pipe and yanked the door open.

"Sickem Axel." I said nodding to the mastiff. Axel barked then bolted to the nearest walker yanking it to the floor and dragging it by its leg. Quickly I plunged my pipe into its head spraying blood all over me, but I continued on to the next walker. Axel and I soon found our rhythm, he yanked I stabbed. But I missed one particularly large walker hit it's shoulder instead. To my horror the pipe wouldn't budge. Axel was yanking another walker unaware of my current dilemma. Clenching my jaw I kicked the beast in the shin dropping it to the floor, I then proceeded to repeatedly stomp at its head, cringing as the dark blood cover my favorite and only pair of shoes. Putting my foot on its back I managed to retrieve my pipe just in time to prevent a walker from hitting a chunk out of me. Axel and I continued the pattern, but after a while it was clear there were a lot more than I anticipated. I glanced at Mary who was frozen staring at me in horror. "You know now would be a perfect time to use that lovely rifle of yours!" I called stomping on another walkers head. "I can't" she replied in a chocked voice. "Just pull the fucking trigger Mary!" I yelled as more walkers started to close in. "I.... I'm out of ammo." Mary said between sobs.

I froze "You mean to tell me that you agreed to help me and you have any ammo!?" I shrieked blocked a walker with my pipe. Instead of answering Mary dissolved in to tears. "Will you shut up!" I snapped at the stupid corpse slamming its head against the the mirror of an old truck. "Would you like so help?" Erika yelled out sarcastically. "Not in this life time!" I yelled through gritted teeth. Filled with anger and determination to have Erika eat her words I continued stabbing walkers as Axel brought them to the floor. After what seemed like years the lot was finally cleared. A bit messier than before but cleared of all walkers.

I walked back drenched in sweat and blood. The group came running toward me slapping me on the back but refusing to hug me in my current state. Mary chocked on her tears but managed to apologize. "Next time be sure to have ammo before volunteering." I said with a weak smile. "You need a bath!" Erika said covering her nose while I grinned. " oh come on I could have died, give me a hug." I said opening my arms and stepping forward. "I will kill you myself if you touch me." She snarled jumping back. I grinned even wider, "Oh all right but at least give Axel a hug." I said. Before Erika could protest Axel had hurled his bloody body at her knocking her to the floor. I doubled over with laughter as she shrieked every foul name I've ever heard at me.

Whipping tears from my eyes and clutching my stomach I called Axel off. "Come on Erika ill make you some oatmeal when we get back." I said between giggles.