Chapter 18

Text guide:
Narration
Thoughts
"Talking"
Action

====================================

LOCATION:
HUMAN DIMENSION(REAL WORLD)
[SCHOOL CAFETERIA]

TIME:
[PRESENT TIME]

POV: CARTER

...And that is how we got into this situation.

Tyler: "I still think we should go back to Savannah."

Ashlyn rubs her head, annoyed by this while tapping the floor with her foot.

Ashlyn: "...Alright, let's take some time to think on it again and have a group vote later tonight."

Carter: Isnt this the fourth time...?

Tyler: "Why not after school?"

Ashlyn: "Because I have ballet class today."

Tyler: "So what? Skip it."

Taylor speaks up.

Taylor: "Uh, Ty... We have stuff to do after school too. You have baseball practice and I have a mechanics meeting."

Logan chimes in.

Logan: "...I um, I have to help with the flower shop today."

Carter: "And I have soccer training too, and I cant just skip that since my tournament is closing in. I have to bring my A-game."

Taylor: "See? Logan and Carter are busy too."

I can see how much Tyler is annoyed by this, as he grits his teeth.

Taylor: "Even with what's happening, we can't just neglect school and our future. You need baseball. Let's just wait till tonight-"

Suddenly, Tyler speaks loudly, but not enough for people to hear.

Tyler: "We arent going to have a 'future' of we're dead!"

Carter: "Dude, its not only our future we're talking about!"

Ashlyn: "If we drop everything to focus on fantasy-like events we cant prove, we're going to end up in a PSYCHE WARD."

Carter: "Do you think that everything will be easier or harder to meet up everytime in the morning?"

Aidem butts in, while spinning his finger on the side of his head and resting his head on the other hand.

Aiden: "They have a point, y'know. Generally we're what people would call 'crazy'."

Tyler: "Whatever."

Tyler then grabs his portion, and stomps away angrily. Not before walking back to us, grab the eating and unsuspecting Taylor while glaring at us, and stomp away once again with Taylor.

Carter: "Huh."

Carter: Well, for once, O dont disagred with him. But still, we cant just focus on one dimension over another. We'll end up making things worse if we do. As I always say, "Balance is the key to a safe future".

TIMESKIP

LOCATION:
[INSIDE BUS, OUTSIDE BANNER HOUSE]

I actually plan to join Ashlyn and her parents for a ride to the soccer field I am currently training at. But for Aiden and Ben, I have no idea.

Carter: "Not to be rude, but what're you two doing here?"

Aiden: "Coming over. I figured it'd just be faster to get off here."

Ashlyn: "You know me and Carter have to leave in an one hour right?"

Aiden: "I thought I'd tag along this time. If there's an emergency, I'll know how to get there, right?"

Carter: He's weirdly getting a little to close...

We exit the bus, as Ashlyn opens the door to her home.

Ashlyn: "I'm home."

Carter: "I'm here as well."

We notice Mike and Emma are eating popcorn, as they look at us.

Emma: "How was school, you two?"

Only now they notice Aiden and Ben once they enter the house.

Emma: "Aiden and Ben are over? I understand Carter because he joins in for his soccer training and we drop you down and pick both of you up, but why are they here?"

Carter: "Well, about that..."

Ashlyn: "Aiden and Ben want to see where the studio-

Carter: "-And field-"

Ashlyn: "-are located. Do you mind of they come along?"

Its understandable that both Emma and Mike are shocked. Since Ashlyn does NOT like it when anyone other than me to be this close to her.

Emma: "Come along?"

Ashlyn: "Yeah."

Both Emma and Mike look at eachother and nod. Emma suddenly grabs Ashlyn on her shirt...

Ashlyn: "Ah-!"

...and yanks her towards them, while hidding behind the couch, not before saying:

Emma: "Give us a second."

Aiden: "Sure."

...

Carter: "Well, that was weird, but understandable."

Aiden: "Yep. So how is soccer for you?"

Carter: "Well, its fun and thrilling, to say the least!"

Aiden: "Cool. Maybe one day, I can watch or join you play."

Carter: "Uh, sure."

Aiden: "I'm bored waiting, lets go to them."

Carter: "Aiden, wait no-"

Without warning, Aiden just walks towards the secret-y Banners. Me and Ben look at eachother. Ben just shrugs, as we follow him. I heard the parents being worried about Ashlyn suddenly hanging out with not only Aiden and Ben, but three others after the fieldtrip. Can't blame them for being worried though, plus, we can't tell them about the Phantom Dimension without proof yet. We then hear Ashlyn defend them.

Ashlyn: "...being paranoid!"

Aiden: "What are we talking about?"

Me, Aiden, and Ben are crouching infront of the crouching Banners, who are looking at us, Aiden and Ben mostly,  weirdly.

Aiden: "Sorry, got bored waiting."

Carter: "Don't blame me, I tried to stop him."