Chapter 6: Kiss marks plus expectations

Jeonghan stumbled onto the campus, panting heavily like he just escaped a herd of stampeding wildebeests. There, leaning casually against the gate, was Joshua, scrolling through his phone with the nonchalance of a seasoned social media guru.

"What's with the panic mode? You look like you're being chased by a horde of angry squirrels," Joshua quipped, sliding his phone into his pocket and adjusting his hair with the finesse of a boy band member.

"I... ugh..." Jeonghan collapsed to his knees, clutching his chest dramatically as if he were auditioning for a soap opera, prompting Joshua to roll his eyes in theatrical exasperation.

"Are you going to spill the beans or should I prepare my 'I told you so' speech for when you get caught?" Joshua asked, inspecting his impeccably manicured baby blue nails with an air of indifference.

"Seungcheol almost stumbled upon those incriminating notes I've been receiving," Jeonghan confessed, picking himself up from the ground like a fallen hero after a battle.

"What!" Joshua's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, eliciting a nod from Jeonghan that would make a bobblehead doll jealous.

"Jeonghan! This is a disaster waiting to happen! What if Seungcheol thinks you're two-timing him? Divorce court, custody battles, and your poor dog caught in the crossfire—" Joshua's imagination went into overdrive, spinning a tale of woe worthy of a daytime soap opera.

"Okay, okay, calm down, drama queen," Jeonghan interrupted, rolling his eyes as they reached the sanctuary of their dorm gates.

"I'm not dramatic," Joshua retorted, flipping his hair and striking a pose that screamed 'I woke up like this.'

"How did Seungcheol even get a sniff of those notes?" Joshua pondered aloud, furrowing his brow.

Jeonghan stared at the blue sky, recounting the encounter, while Joshua, with a frown, pressed their floor number in the elevator. "When I was about to walk away from him, he was holding the note in his hand and said that the note fell from my bag," Jeonghan said, staring at the sky.

"Oh? That's weird," Joshua said, frowning as he pressed their floor number in the elevator.

Not only were they best friends, but they were also dorm mates. Another "so annoying" moment for Jeonghan, but he still loved Joshua nevertheless.

"I know, right? What if he had opened the note, read all those cheesy things, and thinks that someone is trying to pursue me? And never says yes to me? And all of my chances of getting with Seungcheol will be down the drain--" Jeonghan's rambling stopped as they reached their floor and got off.

"You are overthinking," Joshua said as they walked towards their room.

"I'm just predicting the future," Jeonghan rolled his eyes.

"That's just as bad," Joshua remarked.

"But do you know how freaking hot he was looking today? Them backs make me want to scratch them---"

"Okay, stop," Joshua interrupted, making a disgusted face as he pushed the key inside.

"Shut up, you literally make me listen to how Seokmin makes you cum more than 3--" Jeonghan's sentence halted as his eyes fell on another sticky note plastered on the door of their dorm.

"J-joshua..." Jeonghan said as he removed the note with trembling hands. Joshua's eyes widened as he stepped away from Jeonghan.

"What the heck? Does this person know where you live now?" Joshua asked, peeking at the note.

"Literally, everyone in the university lives in these dorm buildings. What are you even talking about--" Jeonghan rolled his eyes.

"Nuh-uh... Jaemin doesn't," he said proudly.

"Maybe because he is the son of our principal?" Jeonghan said sarcastically as he opened the note.

"I want to kiss your milky skin all the way down while you scream my name..." - CS

"What does the note say?" Joshua asked impatiently, snatching the note from Jeonghan's hand and reading it aloud.

"Oh my gosh! Keep it down!" Jeonghan almost screamed as he pulled Joshua inside their dorm and closed the door.

"Okay, this is very, very, very, very hot and weird..."

"What do you find hot in this?" Jeonghan made a disgusted face at Joshua.

"That he will be kissing your whole body while fucking you to the moon, and weird is how the heck is he hiding so well?" Joshua said as he jumped onto his bed and kicked his shoes off, causing Jeonghan to smack his back.

"Ouch!" Joshua grumbled, ignoring Jeonghan's complaints as he kept staring at the note. The handwriting was so familiar, yet he couldn't identify it.

"Hannie..." Jeonghan hummed in response as he turned the AC on and plopped beside Joshua on the bed.

"Maybe you should write back? And ask who this person is?" Joshua suggested.

"I don't want to know," Jeonghan said, munching on his chocolate as he scrolled through his phone.

"But I want to!" Joshua whined.

"Then you write," Jeonghan said.

"But you are the one receiving them, how can I write it?" Joshua explained with a dramatic gesture.

"But what if he doesn't respond or just ignores it?" Jeonghan pointed out the obvious fact, making Joshua think about it.

"Then we will see what we can do," he said as he reached forward to grab the pen and handed it over to Jeonghan.

"Write it!" Joshua urged, causing Jeonghan to roll his eyes.

"Do you really believe that he will write back to me?" Jeonghan said as he clutched the pen, staring down at the note.

"Yes, I know it," Joshua said, and Jeonghan shook his head.

"You are unbelievable," he muttered under his breath before scribbling down on the note.

"Who are you...?" - YJ♡

Jeonghan drew a small doodle of a heart beside his words, staring at it with a mixed expression.

"Yes! Now sign it with your kiss!" Joshua chanted, holding up the lipstick, making Jeonghan throw a disgusted look at him.

"What the heck! Where did you get that? And why--"

"Does that matter?" Joshua said nonchalantly as he opened the cap and moved forward to paint Jeonghan's lips. Jeonghan tried to move back, but Joshua whined, keeping Jeonghan in place.

"Stop moving!" Joshua grunted, pinching Jeonghan's cheeks harshly.

"No, my kisses are only for Seungcheol.." Jeonghan's voice got muffled as Joshua continued to rub the red lipstick over his pale pink lips.

"Now kiss it!" Joshua said as he moved back, holding the note in front of Jeonghan's lips, who glared at him.

"You are horrible," Jeonghan grunted as he pressed his lips against the note, and Joshua squealed, jumping with it in his hands.

"Let's find out who CS actually is!"

------

-Vaish

Do you think cs will see Jeonghan's note? And why is Joshua so interested omg- 😭