鸡肉捞面

(chicken lo mein)

ding!

she walked into the building, eyes darting around as she took in her surroundings. she walked up to one of the walls, staring silently at the chinese artwork on the walls.

"can i help you?"

cassandra turned and looked at the girl standing behind the counter. she looked about a year or two older than her, and her long black hair only accentuated the solemn look on her face. cassandra slowly approached the counter.

"uh, i was the one who ordered the chicken lo mein. you know, on the phone?"

"i remember. your food should be out shortly." at this, the girl turned towards the kitchen and yelled a few words in chinese, before walking into it.

cassandra backed away from the counter and resumed her examining of the artwork. a iced over lake was depicted using a mixture of light and dark gray paints. splashes of lavender were occasionally spotted in places that couldn't have been accidental.

"miss!" cassandra was startled at the voice that was shouted at her. the girl at the counter muttered something under her breath as cassandra approached.

"here you go," she said, handing her the container and telling her the price. cassandra paid and took the box from the counter.

"have a nice day, uh... I didn't get your name."

.....

"it's mai."

"have a nice day, mai." she began to walk out of the restaurant, stopping once more to admire the painting, before opening the door and exiting.

• • • • •

hey :) please comment and let me know how you like it so far!

☯don't forget to follow, vote and comment☯