𝟎𝟐: 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲, 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲, 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲

On Saturday, Rosanna told Luna about her surprise school transfer, so when Luna got off work at the diner, they went to get new school supplies.

While Luna took off to a different aisle to look for something, Rosanna looked at the folders they had.

How many should she get?

"Are you okay?"

She flinched.

It was Brad.

Rosanna looked at him. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Brad replied, "You don't look okay."

It had been an entire week since he broke up with her. It took like two days for him to be attached at the mouth with Becky.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Rosanna said. "Shouldn't you be with Becky?" She tried to keep the bitterness out of her voice, but she couldn't quite manage it.

Brad made a pained face, "In a second. I just wanted to see if you're okay."

Rosanna looked at the folder she was holding, to hide the fact that she was excited that he cared about her again. That she was worth his time again. She moved closer to the shelf, the edge pressing right into a burn that hadn't quite scarred over yet. The pain was a fresh reminder that he had done that to her. "I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

Brad huffed, like he was irritated that Rosanna was being difficult, "Fine, be like that."

Rosanna shrugged in response. That was the problem: she never knew what he wanted out of her. One wrong move, he would blow up at her, calling her stupid.

Maybe he wanted her to throw herself into his arms, so he could tell Becky that she tried to get back together with him and he heroically 'turned her down because I'm with you (Becky) now, babe.'

Brad stepped closer to Rosanna and leaned over.

For a brief moment, Rosanna thought Brad was going to kiss her, but instead, Brad twirled a hair curl around his finger and tugged lightly on it. He whispered, "I really miss you, Rosie. I think I've made the biggest mistake in my life." He let go of the rain curl and walked away.

Rosanna watched as Brad went over to Becky and put his arm around her shoulders. He pressed a kiss to the top of her head and reality crashed down all around Rosanna.

If he thought he made a mistake, he wouldn't do that to Becky. If he made a mistake, he would break up with Becky and get on his knees, begging and pleading to take Rosanna back.

Luna came back into the aisle, holding four notebooks. She stared after Brad and Becky, rolled her eyes and said to Rosanna, "Girl, you could do way better than that piece of gutter trash." 

"I know," Rosanna replied. "He said he misses me."

"If he did, he would pick up his tiny balls, dump Becky, and grovel for your forgiveness," Luna said.

She wouldn't say that if she knew the real Brad. No one knew the real Brad except for Rosanna.

Not even Lorelai and Rory knew what Brad had done to her.

Maybe Brad's parents had an inkling because she was sure that they had heard Brad screaming at her about something.

"Look," Luna said, excitedly. "These notebooks have a saying on them. They say 'the best way to be happy is just to let go of everything that's making you sad.'" She was grinning.

Rosanna asked, "What are you trying to tell me, Moon?"

"That Brad is making you sad, and you need to let him go to be happy again," Luna told her.