Chapter 1:

11,000 years later...

A large city filled with dim lights stands in the middle of a huge grassland. The rain is pouring down relentlessly, and lightning strikes every few moments. The city's power is out...

A hooded figure is walking on the city sidewalk, there is rain pouring down everywhere around him, the lights in the city are all dim. Small glowing creatures the size of dwarves with their large yellow curious eyes look around in dismay and worry, many are following the hooded figure through the rain. One of the creatures tells the hooded figure something before he heads into the building. 

Once inside, the hooded figure looks around the building cautiously. Something scampers across the floor, and startles him. He reaches into his hoodie pocket as if to grab a firearm. Then it attacks him, and pins the hooded figure to the ground. 

"UNH!" the figure tries to wrestle the monster. He sits still for a moment and then all of a sudden,

Large waves of shock and light blue electricity fill the room, illuminating the enormous room, and paralyzing the monster. The figure leaves the monster weak on the floor and analyzes the room, he finds a panel of some sort, and gently touches his hand to it. A jolt of shock and the entire place lights up with bulbs now glowing radiantly from the ceiling, and the city's power now restored. The figure walks out and pulls back his hood to reveal Razor, The Sky's Blade, so they call him. 

The small glowing creatures flood around him with praise and love. "heh it was no problem" he says, flattered. The clouds are now clearing, giving way to the bright sun's rays. 

A couple news reporters flock around his legs, overwhelming him with questions. 

"How does it feel being the hero of your own city?" 

"When do you think you'd retire?"

"There've been rumors that a creature was in there, is that true?"

"What did the creature look like?"

"Can you fly?"

"Can we book an interview for The Neon Glass Paper?"

"Are you a bird?"

Razor interrupts them. "Whoa-whoa-whoa, one at a time. First, you." He points to one of the reporters.

"Um, yes, sir, can you confirm the rumors that a mysterious creature was lurking within the Power Heart, the place our electricity is stored?"

Razor crouches down to speak into the reporter's microphone. "uh, yeah actually, I couldn't see what it was though." 

"Mr. Razor! Mr. Razor!" another reporter shouts

"Go ahead."

"Could we get an interview for the Neon Glass Paper?"

"Sure, just come to my office later." he points to another.

"Sir, can you confirm the rumors floating around that you might be a bird?"

"...wh- a bird?"

"Yes, sir, many of our viewers are eager to know."

Razor gives a disappointed face. "No comment, Next question"

"will you be going to Mr. Garngle's Mountain Gala later this evening?"

Razor exclaims with shock, "oh shoot, that's TODAY??" He gets up and tells everyone, "Sorry, no more questions, I must get ready to go to the Gala! Farawell!" 

He zips off into the streets leaving the disappointed reporters on the sidewalk. 

...

Razor zips into the police station door, just past the policemen. The alligator one shouts, "busy much Razor?" Razor shouts back, "can't talk now, sorry!" 

Razor zips past his secretary, straight into his private wardrobe. He browses his collection of several different shades of blue sweaters, wondering which one he should take.

"Ocean blue? nah. Suave Blue? nope. Cyan? eh I wore that last week. AHA! Here we go!

Razor holds up a black and white tuxedo with a yellow tie. "It looks a bit similar to my outfit a few days back but I think it's alright."

Razor zips by the animal policemen in the station again. The Bear policeman yells after Razor, "Hey, boss where ya goin'?" Razor yells back as he's zip-zapping through the streets, "The Mountain Gala!!!"

"ah that's right the Mountain Gala, I forgot it was this week." Says the snake one. Hey, Jimster, how's th' case goin'?"

Jonathan C. Fox stares at the paper, completely immersed, sipping his cup of joe. 

"ay, Fox! Hello??"

"Sorry, Sam, what'd you wanna ask me?

"ah, nuthin' just wonderin' why yer so distracted all th' time..."

"I'm this close, Sammy, I can feel it. I can almost see it... or at least I would be able to if someone turned on the lights."

"Jon, your hat's on your eyes..."

"oh, yeah I knew that, pfft." Jon embarrassed, takes his hat off his eyes...