chapter 5

Ann's PoV

"Hey Aman," said Nish. "What happened?"

Aman explained what happened and he looked like he was about to cry.

"Are you gonna go home?" I said.

"No, I don't think I will."

"Let's just go to the janitor's closet," I said.

"Much better," said Aman when we sat on our beanbags. We talked for a while and watched YouTube videos on Nish's phone. Then she had to charge it so we just sat around for a little while.

"I'm hungry," I said, just as I sat down. "Hey, Aman, Nish, I'm gonna go get something from the cafeteria, do you want anything?"

"Eh, not really," said Nish.

"Can you get us some nuggets?" Aman said.

"Yeah, I'll get that and a plate of fries."

I was walking to the cafeteria when I stopped. I looked around me and there was nobody in the hallway. "Huh. That's weird."

When I got to the cafeteria, no one was there either. Even the lunch lady wasn't there!

I grabbed my stuff and a bottle of soda and walked back fast.

"Oh good, you're back," Nish said, pulling a table to the centre of our circle.

"Something weird is going on," I said, while I sat down. "The cafeteria was empty. So was the hallway."

"Weird," said Aman.

We started eating and talking and then Aman almost choked while laughing at something I said. We turned on the radio to listen to some music. We were having fun but then it suddenly changed.

"Breaking news, breaking news! Zombies have been spotted around the city! Stay inside!" said the news report.

"What the-?!" said Nish.

We were panicking. ZOMBIES?!

"Aman?" I said, looking at Aman, who looked like a pancake! "AMAN!" I yelled.

"Nish what?"