You're sick

(Requested)

~~~
Being the younger sister of Taylor Swift wasn't easy.

It's not that you and Taylor weren't close, because you are, you're closest to her than almost anyone you know. It only had to do with the fact that she was often away on tour with her band, and you had to wait a long time before seeing each other again.

Although you're both very close, you have moments where you don't agree on everything, not getting along. Thankfully, those moments to occur often and you get along with each other most of, if not all the time. So, of course when it was only a couple of days before Taylor leaves for tour again, you started feeling sick, feeling that something wasn't right and it was scaring you. It really started when you woke up one morning with sore ribs and a sore stomach from coughing yourself almost to death the night before. You were surprised it didn't keep anyone else up, especially Taylor as she would have checked in on you to make sure you were okay.

At first, you thought it was going to get better. But when it didn't, you knew you had to talk to Taylor about it.

You didn't want to talk to your parents about it because you didn't want to go to the doctor unless Taylor feels it's something necessary for you to do. The same night, you waited until after dinner to pull her aside and asked to talk to her. Of course, she agreed without hesitation.

"Hey Taylor?"

"Yes?"

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Of course."

Taylor follows behind as you lead her back to your room, Taylor closing the door from behind.

"What's up?"

"It's just, I haven't been feeling that great lately.."

"What do you mean? Are you experiencing any symptoms?"

At first, Taylor seemed to be understanding, but not everything is what it seems.

While she seemed to be genuinely listening, things took a different turn around; she doesn't believe you. You tell her of the events from the night before and almost right away, she dismisses you being sick is a way of you trying to hold her back from going on tour, which was the furthest thing from the truth. It turns into a full accusation when she isn't afraid to make sure that you know it.

"You know what I think?"

You shook your head.

"I think you're faking."

"What?"

Disbelief was now written all over your face.

"I think this is your way of trying to keep from leaving on tour. You should start thinking about acting the age you are, start becoming more mature and rely on your self independence."

"Taylor, I'm not lying. I really feel like there's something wrong, and I worry that if while you're away, that something bad will happen to me. It would be a time where I'll be needing you the most. I would believe you if this you rather then me."

"I'm telling you, (Y/n), of that were true, I would have easily been there to witness it, along with mom and dad."

You couldn't believe what you were hearing, Taylor not believing you was nearly too much you could handle.

It easily became your breaking point.

With nothing left for you to say, Taylor takes that as her cue to leave your room and retire to her own for the night.

~~~
The two of you hadn't really spoke to each other since, not a word of exchange to the airport while dropping her off.

Taylor would soon learn that not believing you would be the biggest mistakes to have made after receiving a phone call from your mother, Andrea, informing Taylor that you were in the hospital, very sick with pneumonia and was in critical condition.

Like what any sister would do, she immediately dropped everything she was doing, including canceling her upcoming shows just to be by your side, to be there for you as she should have been. Once Taylor arrives at the hospital, she finds the room you were in, only to see that you're asleep once she made it. It's there she's reminded you had been sick with and diagnosed with pneumonia. While Taylor was sitting your side, waiting for you to wake up, she could only think of one thing, and that was just how determined she had become to make it up to you in small ways every day.

All that was left was the waiting game. Waiting for you to wake up, whilst holding your soft hand. Taylor loved the way your small hands would fit in hers, she nearly cherished it.

To her, it was gold.

Being there for you when you wake was a good start in making this up to you.

That has become important to her.

~~~
Requests are open!!!!