💙~ Chapter 5: I'm Still Here ~✨

Hi loves, welcome to the long overdue Chapter 5! I'm sorry it's taken so long; things happened in my personal life and I just didn't have the motivation or inspiration to crank out a full chapter.

The title of this chapter was inspired by one of my favorite songs, "I'm Still Here", from the classic Disney movie, Treasure Planet!💖🌟🦋

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this, and don't forget, votes & comments are always welcome!💞

 "I am a question to the world. Not an answer to be heard. Or a moment that's held in your arms."-John Rzeznik (from the major motion picture, Treasure Planet )

Angela's POV

"See you tomorrow, Ally," I heard Kenzie say.

Glancing up from my phone, I saw Kenzie hug Alice and wave goodbye as the pixie-like girl skipped across the lot to the row of her family's cars where her siblings were waiting. Once their sister joined them, they slid into their respective cars; a silver Volvo, ruby-red convertible, and silver jeep to leave.

I unlocked the car, got in, and turned on the heat as Kenzie walked over. "See ya, Shortstack!" the familiar voice of Emmett Cullen boomed, the smirk clear in his words.

"Miss you already, Em!" Kenzie called, sending him a grin and a salute before hopping in the car, tossing her bag at her feet and her umbrella in the backseat.

"Shortstack?" I asked once we were on the road.

"Yep, I'm guessing Ally told him about my love for nicknames," she replied with a smile.

"Ellie, you forgetting something?" I asked, laughing a little.

"No, I don't–oh! I completely forgot to tell you about them at lunch, I'm sorry, Ange," she apologized with a frown.

"It's okay, Ellie. I know lunch was a bit crazy, between the paper and the boys goofing off," I nodded, shaking my head at the memory.

"Thanks, Angel. Today's just been a lot, especially with History," she sighed, rubbing her forehead.

"Of course. What happened in History?" I questioned, briefly turning to her when we reached a red light.

"We started a new chapter, World War II," she explained, and my heart squeezed in sympathy. Seeing the concern in my eyes, she quickly added, "It's okay though, Ally and Em were there for me, and I feel better now. Rosalie even came to my rescue on the stairs earlier," she remarked.

"I'm just glad you're okay, I'll have to thank them for looking out for you," I remarked, silently thanking whatever force brought the Cullens to Ellie when she needed them. Everything really does happen for a reason.

"Be careful when you do; I thought Emmett's jaw was going to hit the floor when I said goodbye to him in Chemistry," she chuckled.

"Noted," I snickered, turning onto the familiar street.
Ellie's phone chimed with a notification and she typed something before putting it back in her pocket. Not even a second passed before it chimed again. "Someone's popular today," I teased as she took her phone back out.

"Apparently, with Alice anyway. She wanted to remind me about sitting with them at lunch tomorrow, and now Em and Rosalie are asking for my number," she explained, gathering her things as we neared her house.

"Wow," I breathed, putting the car in park. "Some day, huh?"

"You can say that again," Ellie replied with a sigh, opening her door. "Thanks for the ride, I love you, and I'll see you tomorrow," she finished, pulling me into a side hug.