chapter two: work

Mom dished out the food and we all digged in. After eating,I cleared the plates and grabbed my suitcase for my meet-up.
My Dad runs a large scale petroleum and other different company, ranging from fashion to electrical appliances used both at home and at different workplaces. Ever since I clocked twenty, I've been helping out in the business and today I'll be having a meet-up and some gala party;not that I'm complaining though it can be frustrating.
I pecked Mom goodbye and my driver drove me to the location.
Getting to the location,I glanced at my gold plated limited edition wrist watch to see that I'm fifteen minutes early.
"Good" I mused to myself cause I love the thrill of assessing your partner as they walk to you and having your gaze put them off balance.
Afterwards,I headed to the company and began my weekly evaluations.
The rest of the day passed on a blur and I was distracted by my assistant who informed me of my next event;a party.
I changed my clothes and headed to my car with my ipad in hand as I try to finish my work.

                  **************
The party was organized by the richest family to bring the upper class together and I am to represent my family since my parents hated such occasions.
           I looked round the room with a cold face as I noticed girls tugging their parents which was usually asking for an introduction with me.
I scoffed internally while taking a sip of my drink.
I couldn't help but notice something that wasn't very eye-catching but it was to me. A girl seemingly uncomfortable in the noise and seeming out of place.
I kept looking at her, stealing glances a few times till her eyes caught me and she flashed me an awkward smile but that smile was enough to be a memory.
    I checked the time to see that I'm nearing my curfew so I bid farewell to the host and made my way to my assistant waiting for me.