Chapter 11: Home sweet home

A/N: I apologize if this chapter is a little short, but while I wrote this chapter, I realized this chapter would work better because the events of this chapter are almost wholly separate from the next one.

When they arrive at Xerrid's employment agency, Karine starts to feel a variety of emotions that she tries her best to hide from the eyes of the Taladuan employment agency whose teleporter made her come here in the first place.

"This world feels so... different from mine, and not at the same time. Just not in the same respects" Karine sighs after being dropped off at that last resort employment agency.

Upon arriving at the employment agency's offices, the receptionist, having recognized Karine from her arrival on this world, gets her to the teleporter room she came to this world in. Oh boy, how will I explain however long I have been away from home to my colleagues in my LIT practice? Maybe a sudden illness, a mental one at that, could do the trick... she starts dreading the consequences of this otherworldly trip back on Earth. About the clients the practice was unable to service because of her absence. About the delays in existing clients' insolvency proceedings.

"Take a deep breath, make your farewells!" Xerrid tells her before activating the teleporter, hopefully bringing her out of MAA's world. "Now we shall see if the teleporter malfunction that brought you here is really fixed!"

"Thank you for the information" Karine then starts praying for her safety.

"I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused to you or to your employer on this world. But your employer requested that no exit interview be conducted, so I'll have to respect his wishes"

Karine takes a deep breath while Xerrid inputs the coordinates salvaged from the logs of the day of this so-called teleporter malfunction. Once the teleporter activates, sparks fly from above her, as she is briefly thrown into another dimension, and then disappears from the teleporter room in what looks like a puff of smoke to Xerrid.

Once she returns home, she finds herself in bed once again, tired of this travel and having to catch up on her work emails sent in her absence afterward.

A few hours later, she then yawns upon awakening and finding her bearing back at home. Which comes back at a speed that amazes even her. She wonders how long it has been since she was victim of a teleporter malfunction on MAA's World, so she checks the calendar on her phone, and then transfers the so-called horror movie script to her computer. So I spent the equivalent of two weeks on Earth trying to turn an alien construction company around?

So, for weeks after her return on earth, she faces the harsh reality of filing pre-discharge reports to the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy, creditor assemblies, attempting to evaluate assets (and, for individuals, whether these assets can be exempted), filing consumer or business proposals, and making cash flow forecasting for those insolvent indie video game developers. However, this unwanted trip to Taladu made her exhaust her allowance of sick days for the year, since she feels no one would believe her if she told the whole truth.

As for the psychiatrist appointment she was waiting for since the race to world first on Operation Heathrow started, it resulted in medications being prescribed. Which she religiously took to keep what's left of her fragile mental health, and that was on top of getting therapy.

And, of course, she keeps an eye out for the bills of the various offices being rented by her insolvency firm, since insolvency trustees tend to have multiple locations.