Chapter 3: More Drama

(A/N So today is Update day! Enjoy!)

Chapter 3

Avalon's POV

Today was different. I knew that since the minute I woke up, to find no paparazzi. I thought I was in a dream when I looked around and saw no photoflashes or ponies in ridiculous costumes. Then, a balloon came floating in through the open window. There was a sticky note attached to it, so I picked it up and read it. It said, "Dear Avalon, look out through the window". At first I was confused, but when I looked out at my window, I saw Cyclone with his elbow propped up my windowpane with a smirk on his face. "Heyyyy, what's up?" he asked. I rolled my eyes, and then looked at my clock. I had exactly 10 minutes to get to school. I told Cyclone to sit down and wait quietly, and he did so. I brushed my mane, grabbed my bag, and took a bar of granola and shoved it into my bag. I got Cyclone and we dashed off to school. As we slipped into our seats, the bell rang. The teacher came in and started to explain, and I wrote as many notes as I possibly could. When class was finished, I decided to walk with Cherry Blossom instead of fly to class. As we walked, we turned down one of the older kids halls as a shortcut to class. As we were walking, I noticed that it was silent. When I looked up, everyone was staring at us and one of the faces I quickly recognized. Diamond Tiara. I growled and kept walking, with Cherry Blossom at my heels. As we were about to get out of the hallway, two colts came and blocked the exit. We tried to get around them, but they wouldn't let us. "Um, excuse me? May we please get through?" Blossom asked. They shook their heads no, and started to corner us. One of the, an orange one, finally spoke. "So you are the fillies that made Diamond Tiara upset?" he said. We looked at him in confusion. Unfortunately, Diamond Tiara came up and put her two cents in. "Yes, Cesar, Brutus, these are the evil fillies who shattered my world." She said, and fake cried. They patted her on the back, and then glared at us. They started cornering us at the end of the hall, and pretty soon we were against the wall. I knew I could fly away easily, but I wasn't going to let Blossom stay here by herself. We were cornered into the wall when I suddenly thought of something. I went over and got really close to the one in orange. I looked him in they eye. "Yea, so? What if we are? That doesn't imply anything to you and it is not your business what happens between Diamond Tiara and us. Besides, why would you be mean to young fillies? I am quite shocked and disgusted. Now, we are going to class and you cannot do anything about it. Good day sir!" I said as I stomp my hoof on the ground, and with that I grabbed Blossom's hoof and walked out. As we were heading down the hall, I saw a shocked look on both of the colts and Diamond Tiara's faces. When we turned the corner, we started laughing. "Wow, nice vocabulary Avalon. I never knew you could pull that off!" she said. I laughed. Once we got to class, we realized we were a little bit late. Ms.Cheerilee stopped teaching, and looked at us. The whole class turned their heads and stared at us. We smiled sheepishly. "Girls, would you like to explain why you are late?' she asked. I was about to reply when Blossom spoke up, "Sorry Ms.Cheerilee, but Avalon was walking when her backpack ripped and all her papers fell out. I helped her pick some up and I helped her fix the whole, but some older kids took some of her worksheets and ran off, so we chased them and asked for them back politely. We are genuinely sorry for missing class." She said. I stared in awe. Ms.Cheerilee turned to me. "Is this true Avalon?" she asked. I nodded my head. "Ok girls, you are excused, but only because you were helping each other. Please sit down and open to page 33." She said with a smile. As we sat down, out of the corner of my eye I saw Cyclone give me a concerned stare. I ignored it and flipped my book to the page number.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*

As we headed for lunch, I remembered that I wanted to watch some of the Wonderbolts practices on my tablet, so I stopped at my locker and I got it. When I walked into the café and sat down, everyone was silent. The older kinds were staring at me, and Diamond Tiara was glaring at me. She noticed I was looking at her so she smirked. I had enough. I turned over to her and yelled, " HEY DIAMOND TIARA, TAKE A PICTURE, IT LASTS LONGER!" Some ponies laughed and that wiped the smirk off her face and plastered one on mine. She looked at me with hate and disgust. I turned around to see an amazed Blossom. I smiled. Then I heard clomping footsteps and then saw a manicured pink hoof slam onto our table. I looked up to see Diamond Tiara with her face as red as a tomato. She was panting really hard and looked like she was going to kill some pony. She glared at me. "Hello miss, how may I assist you today?' I asked sweetly. She narrowed her eyes, then grabbed me and pinned me against the wall. I hit the wall with an oof coming out of my mouth. I looked to see her smirking. Then I saw a pinkish glow around her, and in a few moments she was lifted off me. I turned to see Blossom using her magic. Diamond Tiara stared in horror as Blossom landed her on a table, making food splash everywhere. I got up and flew to Blossom, hugging her hard. "Thank you!" I said to her. She smiled. Everyone stared at Diamond Tiara as she ran to the bathroom, crying about her mane. Blossom gave me a hoof bump and I excitedly gave her one back. We walked out of the café, when a Pegasus came up to me. He had a short, brown mane, a tan coat, and emerald green eyes. As he came up to me, I noticed he was in my grade. "Excuse me? May I talk to you?" he asked. I gave him a confused look, but nodded. I promised Blossom I would walk with her after school and she left. We went into a hallway and he came up to me. "Hi I'm Orion, what's your name?" he asked. Seriously, he wanted to introduce himself? "My name is Avalon." I said. He smiled. "That was sure really cool how you stood up to Diamond Tiara." He said. I blushed. "Thanks.." I said. He laughed. Just then the warning bell rung, so I was about to start walking to class, when he kept talking. "So, it was nice to meet you. We should hang some time." He said. And with that, he flew off. I rolled my eyes and flew as fast as I could to my class, and got in just on time. I sat next to Blossom and we wrote notes and talked about the history of Equestria and the princesses' rule. We knew that winter wrap up was coming up, and this year the princesses wanted for the fillies and colts to take care of the jobs, so some of the adults could teach them to know how to do the jobs. Since this year the kids are doing the jobs, things have changed. The mayor is selecting the teams, and there will be 3 teams: the Pegasi, the Unicorns, and the Earth Ponies. They each had a Captain, chosen by the mayor, and a set of jobs. They thought this would be an easier way, and of course they signed all the Pegasi up for weather duty. I didn't think this was fair, because they were stereotyping us as only useful for weather. I could also tell that Cherry Blossom didn't like the teams either, because she knew the unicorns would be assigned some cleanup duty. We tried to complain to the teachers, but they thought we were just lazy. We knew that the list would come out in a few weeks, so we were hopeful that our imaginations weren't going haywire. After school, Cyclone and I decided to go to Cloudbucks, a local malt shop, and get a few milkshakes. While we were there, Orion spotted us and he joined us. I had to introduce him to Cyclone, who didn't seem too happy he was here. After that, we all went home, and when I got home I immediately flew to my room, brushed my teeth, and went to sleep.