Chapter 4: First Meet

Ro's POV

After breakfast I decided to take a long shower and then headed to my car to get my laptop.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious on what happened to my home back in the city.

I, once again, turned off heavy lock on my car and opened the door to the back seat.

Unfortunately, once I opened the door, almost all of my belongings fell to the floor. Again.

Seriously?? This is the second time today!

I honestly think I should be more organized but that's not the point right now.

I start digging through my belonging, ignoring everything around me just to find what I'm looking for.

Bags with, gizmos, tools, and honestly random materials like wires that must've detached while driving were thrown to the ground.

I'll fix it later. Not like they're extremely fragile anyway.

I continue to rummage through my belonging, even reaching the deep depths of the pile where all I start to see are my bags of money.

Ugh! Why did I decide to put my laptop in the car first???

I continue to rummage through until I find the bag I'm looking for.

"FINALLY!"

"What're you doing, miss?" I heard a voice behind me.

I turn around and prepare my taser and saw a man behind me.

He was tall, around 190 centimeters I assume, which gives him a domineering appearance.

He has skin that looked like he was in the sun most of the time, hair that flows in a way that frames his face, making his jaw appear sharper than it already is, and his eyes were this electric green that's a contrast to his overall dark appearance.

I'm not an artist, but he's a beautiful man...

I didn't even realize I was staring.

"Uh... Miss?" The man asked.

I shook my head to get my sanity back.

No! No! Bad Rosalia! It is not the time to be delusional!

"Uh, yes?" I asked him. To be honest I had no idea what to say. This is so embarrassing. Wait, what?

"I said, what're you doing throwing bags on the ground?" He asked with a slight chuckle.

I looked around and saw my bags were everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE.

One was even above the car.

"Oh! Uh, I'm sorry I'll go clean that up right now." I set my bag with my laptop down and start throwing my bags back in the car.

After grabbing a few bags I saw that most of my bags were gone.

I panicked for a moment and then saw the man holding them, which scared me even more.

"AH! Sir you don't need to!"

"No worries, I can help." He said and placed all my bags in the back of the car.

He was so swift that I didn't even notice him pick up the bags. Strange.

"Thank you for helping me." I said.

"No problem. You're new here, huh?" He said.

"Oh, I'm just here visiting a friend. I don't think I'll be staying here that long. I'm Rosalia by the way, though, please call me Ro." I said.

"Nice to meet you Ro. I'm Damian. What makes you think that you won't be staying here for long? Since you look like you're about to move somewhere." He said.

Oh. Right.

"Oh, well it is true that I'm looking for somewhere to move into, I'm not so sure the owner of the property would allow me to do so." I said.

Plus this place is so weird. And creepy. And probably a cult!

"Oh? Is that so?" He said.

"Yeah, my friend's husband, Isaac, said that there are a few rules I have to follow if I want to stay here. Actually I'm not supposed to talk to you." I said.

"Oh, well as a matter of fact, I'm the Al- Head of this community, and since I'm the one who made the rules, I can break them anytime." He said.

I laughed at his statement.

"I don't think that's how rules work." I said.

"Yeah it is!" I laughed. It reminded me on how I used to think leaders work.

"Well, I hope you're managing your community well." I said. I didn't really have anything else to say, but I really wanted to talk to him more.

For some reason I do not understand.

"I think I'm doing just fine." He said.

I smiled at him.

"Well, I better head inside. I have some things that I have to do." I said.

He nodded. "Okay! I'll see you at lunch?"

"Lunch?" I asked.

"Yeah! I'm having lunch with Isaac and Crystal later. Since you're staying in their house, I figured you'd be there?" He said.

"O-oh! Of course! I will see you there Damian." I said.

"See you." He said.

I walked into the house to see Crystal by the entrance, grinning.

"Ooohh!! I totally saw some chemistryyyy!" She said.

I feel my cheeks turn red. "Wha- No! We just met!"

"Aww, my wittwe Ro is growing up!!" She said and ran to hug me.

I can feel her tightening around me to the point I felt like my lungs were about to collapse.

"Can't.... Breathe...."

"Oh! Sorry! Sorry!" She said.

I gasp for air when she let go of me. Hopefully my laptop didn't break when I dropped it. I think I had some special padding on the bag so it's probably fine.

"It's fine. But seriously I doubt I have a chance..." I said.

"Ooohh! So you do like him!" She said.

"STOP IT!" I said.

I'm not allowed to like anyone anyway.

"And you so have a chance. He's single~" she teased.

"You can shoot your shot at lunch later! Besides, it can't hurt now can it? You've been so stressed lately, I'm sure some good old fashioned romance can cheer you up!" She said.

Isn't that a bit counter productive? I mean I know people find comfort in their romantic partners but finding one seems like it's more trouble than it's worth.

"I don't know..." I said.

Besides, with my track record of romance, I'm sure it will not end well.

"Come on Ro! Try it at least for me." She said, begging me, even doing some doe-eyed expression.

Oh jeez she's begging. Guess I don't have a choice...

I rolled my eyes. "Fine."

"Yay!"

"BUT!" I said.

"You can't mention my awards, or job, or anything about me career-wise." I said.

"Why?" She said.

"Reasons." I said.

She was silent for a moment but eventually agreed. I grabbed my laptop and went upstairs.