Chapter 17 They met again...

Hi, my lovelies<3
Miya here;)
Here's the update for the new chapter. Enjoy reading, and
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR SUPPORT!

 Enjoy reading, and DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR SUPPORT!

------×----×------

Shraddha Kapoor once said in ek villain "Jab tak hum kisi ke humdard nahi bante ... tab tak hum dard se aur dard humse juda nahi hota"

-!!!AUTHOR'S POV!!!-

Devika was engrossed in her work, her eyes fixed on the documents displayed on her laptop screen.

When the door to her office creaked open, she tore her gaze away, only to find Maya Shekhawat standing there.

A smirk played on Maya's lips, but Devika paid her no mind, returning her attention to her work.

The sound of Maya's heels echoed in the cabin, but Devika remained unfazed until Maya spoke up.

"Who do you think you are, you bitch? Just because my father trusts you more than his own daughter doesn't mean I'll tolerate your attitude!"

Devika shifted her focus to Maya, leaning back in her chair with folded arms and one leg crossed over the other.

"Miss Assistant, is that how you speak to your boss? My boss is Mr. Shekhawat, and he's instructed me to treat you like any other employee. UNDERSTAND?"

Maya's eyes blazed with rage and jealousy, but Devika continued packing her belongings, knowing it was almost time to leave for the day. Maya stood there, seething with anger.

As Devika attempted to pass by her, Maya grabbed her arm, her grip tight with fury. Devika shot her a glare, but Maya held on, spewing venomous words.

"You think you're better than me? You're nothing but ashes in front of me!"

Devika's anger surged, but she maintained a sarcastic smile.

"Miss Maya, if I wanted to, I could bury you right here and now. But I won't waste my time on the likes of you. Tigress don't waste their energy on ants like you."

With that, Devika freed herself from Maya's grip and left her cabin without looking back.

As she exited the Shekhawat Enterprise, Ranjini was there to pick her up, and they headed home together.

It was 11 at night, and sleep seemed nowhere in her eyes. Fisting the bed sheets, she turned and tossed, ending up sitting in bed.

Frustrated, she made her way to the terrace, seeking solace in the cool night air.

As she opened the terrace door, the wind hit her, her sleeveless top and mid-thigh shorts fluttering in the breeze.

She settled on the floor, leaning against the wall with her knees drawn close to her chest, feeling the coldness of the floor beneath her feet.