Chapter 1 - The Ghost Kit and The Demon Puppy

"Listen, Buddy!! I'm telling you now, there's a monster and it's gonna hurt me!!" Scrappy yelled for the 50th time that day. "There's no monster, Scrappy. Nothings going to hurt you."

Enzo hesitated for a moment but then started to talk, "There is a monster, I saw it." Buds glared at Enzo. "Shut your ass up, Enzo. You see 'monsters' every day." Buds then looked at Oakley, who was on Nife's old cat tower thing. "Why aren't you in the vents like usual?"

"The monster is REAL and its in the vents! It's like a baby raccoon except its black!!"

The silence was LOUD.

"That's racist." Scrappy pointed out. "I didn't mean it like THAT! I meant it as like it's a silhouette— A shadow!!"

"Whatever you say, racist." Scrappy laughed. "Shut up, Scrappy, you're the raccoon equivalent of RCTA." Oakley retaliated. "I'm blonde!"

"Stop fighting you guys, also, why are you all claiming to see a weird racist raccoon monster? Is this a prank?" Buds asked, and Oakley shuddered at the thought of pulling a prank WITH Scrappy and Enzo, without even Maylani being involved.

Then, Scrappy SCREAMED. Like LOUD. "aaaAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAA!! I SAW IT!! IT WAS RIGHT THERE!!"

".. Huh? I didn't see anything." Enzo said, confused. "I didn't see anything this time either, fag. Maybe the lack of sleep is getting to you? You need six to eight hours of sleep a day." Oakley said. Scrappy gasped at this. "That's wild raccoons, dumbass! I'm a clean raccoon! I'm nice and sweet! I'm clean!"

Buds side eyed her. "You haven't touched water since Maylani's first day... actually, screw the monster thing. Scrappy, you're having a bath. You smell like shit."

"NO! I'M NOT HAVING A BATH! ESPECIALLY NOT WITH THAT MONSTER AROUND!" Scrappy yelled.

Buds simply picked up Scrappy, and dragged her away, screaming and kicking.

________

Sin watched his sister hide in the corner of the bathroom, snarling at Buddy as she turned the water as she ran a nice, warm bath. He decided that this would be the perfect opportunity for the prank.

"What if the monster appears while I'm in the bath?!" Scrappy hissed at Buds. Buds sighed. "Then throw water at it. It probably has rabies." Scrappy smiled, "Good idea!"

Sin quickly got bored and went to go bother someone else, and saw Maylani hopping into the vents, helping Oakley. "If I see the monster, I'll protect ya, hun. <3" Sin decided to ignore how Maylani literally said 'Greater than three' out loud.

Sin quickly realised where the infamous duo was going. To their adopted son, Pillow.

"Mama!! Dada!!" Pillow chirped, happily upon seeing that. "Who is that?" Pillow asked, gesturing towards Sin.

Wait— I thought I wasn't visible right now—?!

Sin didn't have time to think of how Pillow could see him, but he quickly clipped into the wall. "Who's.. who?" Maylani asked, slightly cautious. Sin clipped back through the wall again and gave a shushing motion to Pillow.

"Oh, noting.. I jus thought I saw someone." Pillow said, getting what Sin meant.

Eventually, the two adoptive parents left, and Sin clipped back into frame. "Ar u my new frien?" Pillow asked. Sin nodded. "Canned yoou her mey!" Sin had tried to ask 'Can you hear me?' But due to never speaking before, he failed. Miserably. "Huuh? Wat was that?"

Sin sighed, he had underestimated how much it would take to talk. "I canned spyeek.." Sin attempted to say, but Pillow understood. "I canned speek well too! We can learn together!!" Pillow said, smiling at— what looked to be a slightly transparent raccoon about his age. Sin smiled back, and nodded. He was at least good at gesturing at things.

"Can I tell u a story mama once told me?" Pillow asked, happily. Sin gave a thumbs up. "Weeeelll, there was this big castl!! And it had a family of raccoons in it!! Then, won day a big scary human attakt it!! They took tha baby raccoon from their home, but a dog came an beat up da human!! Than day was saved!!" Sin listened to the puppy's rambling's with interest. It reminded him of the early days of his afterlife, when his mother would tell Scrappy fantastical stories about a world where everyone got along and Sin would listen with interest.

Eventually, Sin zoned out, thinking about his family and where they could possibly be. Did they just cease to exist, or are they in a different afterlife separate from his? Are they ghosts as well, but they just can't see each-other? What happened to them..?

"Ar yoo listenin?" Pillow asked, worried about his new friend. Sin jumped, not used to being acknowledged by anyone, but nodded, and Pillow continued talking about various fairytales Maylani and Oakley told him, some of which being rip-offs of things like little red riding hood or Jack and the bean stalk, but Sin couldn't help but feel interested in it.

Eventually, Pillow got tired and fell asleep.

Sin patted the young dog, then went back into the walls.

Maybe his life would be less boring now that he's met someone who can see him.

Maybe one day, everyone will be able to see him, and he'll live the life he was always meant to.