8 : She's His Moon.

I guided Advika ji to my car, ensuring everyone had already left

I guided Advika ji to my car, ensuring everyone had already left. I took two extra steps and opened the door, tilting my head towards her and gesturing to the passenger seat playfully.

"Please, Rani Sahiba," I said, realizing it was the first time I had addressed her like that out loud, although it had crossed my mind many times before. Yet, it felt like the most beautiful nickname I had ever given someone.

Nicknames? Not my thing. I don't use them even in affection. She's my Rani Sahiba, and she means everything to me.

As I called her that, she seemed slightly surprised. Her worried and anxious demeanor persisted, casting a heavy and awkward atmosphere.

She glanced around, hesitating before settling into the seat. I closed the door softly and quickly moved to the driver's seat.

I had already sent my driver home when I noticed Advika ji hadn't brought her car. It was a chance to spend a little time driving with her, and here we were.

Anything to be close to her.

I glanced at her, finding her staring blankly at the dashboard.

"What's wrong?" she didn't answer.

"Suniye?" I called softly placing a hand on her shoulder. She flinched and that made me feel like an ache in my chest. I quickly retreat my hand back.

[Listen?]

"Jii?" She blinked rapidly.

[Yes?]

"Um, well..." I trailed off, shifting my body towards her. I reached the seatbelt behind her and adjusted it near her lap. As I looked up, I realized her face was dangerously close to mine.

She blushed and sank further into the seat, almost trying to distance herself from me. With my hands on either side of her, I leaned in a bit, teasingly.

But then her eyes glistened. Guilt rushed inside me as I quickly returned to my proper seat.

"Rani sahiba, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, but the seatbel-"

"Stop calling me that," she spoke with a cold expression, making me frown.

"Par aap-" She shut her eyes forcefully, causing me to pause mid-sentence.

[But you-]

I started the car and began driving.

"Advika ji, do you trust me?" I asked gently.

"H-huh? Do I trust you?" she repeated, and I hummed in response.

Her eyes shimmered with unspoken thoughts, and she replied, "Trust isn't just a word; it's a feeling, a belief. With every moment we share, that trust grows stronger."

═══════════════════════════