world mechanics

In this world we have 2 types of shifters and 4 other types of supernatural, those are;

Kanima - Jaguar shifters,

  they live in small packs except the royal family, their pack is large for their species due mainly to the immortality that comes with being of royal blood and pack. The species originated long ago in the Caribbean just before it started to split off from the pangea, most packs remained in the Carribbean but a few chose to make homes across the continent, they were the most dominant species on the islands for millions of years until they met other shifters and then along came humans, they don't usually have mate bonds and often chose their mate of the same species, usually by the age of 21 as royals,  sometimes in rare instances they can be mated to weres.

Volkolak- there's 2 sub categories

Werewolves - shift into wolves, have fated mates, they are usually mated to other werewolves, sometimes to werebears but extremely rarely to Kanima and never to humans there is no inner wolf, they're one being with a wild shifter side, they can mind link, Royalty are immortal, they live in large packs and are extremely loyal and loving to them.

Werebears - shift into grizzly bears, they are typically hot headed and dominant and of course are often as  grumpy as a bear with a sore head, they typically mate their own species and live in small packs, they're sometimes mated to wolves and almost never to Kanima, there had only ever been one case on record, they have a royal family with immortality too,

Both were's originate from Russia shortly after pangea split up

And then we have

Witches - who are basically humans with unnatural powers, they live among humans usually hidden.

Chimera - when a jaguar has a child with a witch, they don't shift, they remain mostly in human form with jaguar like facial features, claws and reflexes, typically outcasts, enemies and infertile.

Jöfurr - born from werebears having children with humans outside of the natural bond, like Chimera they don't shift, they are in human form with bear like builds and features, they're infertile and berserkers, they run purely on instinct and will kill anything that comes near.

Vampires - they're born from a werewolf having a child with a human outside of their natural mating bond, feed on human blood, they're infertile can be killed by decapitation or a removing the heart, natural enemies to all things living.

I hope you enjoy my spin on these mythological creatures.

It's an 18+ book with mentions of child loss, rape and lots of sexual content