𝐕𝐈𝐈 • 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

And then one random night when everything changesYou won't reply and we'll go back to strangersUh-huh, uh-huh, uh

You won't reply and we'll go back to strangers
Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh

- Strangers - by Kenya Grace

LUKE TOOK A BRISK STEP FORWARD, his movements purposeful and swift as he attacked Dahlia

The girl took a few steps back and used her sword to deflect his blade. Her heart began to race and her eyes darted around, trying to discern motive in his movements.
After a few strikes, the girl bent down a little and aimed to catch Luke by his legs, to injure him or at least bring him out of balance, but it seemed like the boy was two steps ahead of her.

They seemed dance around each other with deft steps, the slice of their swords and their groans in exertion filling the air.
It didn't take very long, though it seemed like an oddity to Dahlia that Luke hit her hard on the arm that held her sword, disarming Dahlia in the process.

„Yield!" the boy said, as he held his sword to her neck, while Dahlia was clutching her arm with her hand, feeling the warm liquid of blood running over her fingers.

The campers around the two began to cheer for Luke as the two looked at each other breathing heavily and the Demeter girl tensing her jaw. She felt shame come over her and anger over the fact that Clarisse had suggested the fight, knowing that Dahlia didn't stand a chance. She was just as annoyed with Luke for challenging her to it when he was clearly superior to her.

Dahlia pushed the blade that was held to her neck away in annoyance and picked up her sword. She felt the aching throbbing on her upper arm grow stronger, then she looked Luke in the eye, sarcastically grinning.

"Did you need that to push your ego?" she asked with one eyebrow raised, the annoyed tone in her voice was unmistakable. Luke didn't answer her, but it didn't matter what he was about to say anyway, because Dahlia didn't give him the time to answer. She scoffed and then turned around to go and get her wound treated.
Luke looked after her, feeling guilty about hurting the girl.