29

𝒵𝑒𝓅𝒽𝓎𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋maturity

𝒵𝑒𝓅𝒽𝓎𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋
maturity

I hadn't been able to sleep all night, the chirps of the winter birds and the sound of  feet pattering around the castle left me restless, well I suppose it did but the real reason I was so restless because I was messed up, I hurt Elioenai's feelings and I regretted it deeply.

When morning came I allowed the servants in I was served with the daily wash and taming to the hair, light makeup which I didn't see fit and overly fancy attire. I'd rather be in short trousers and a short sleeved vest instead of what they put on me but it was whatever so.

I wonder why I let anger fall over me so quickly, why I allowed myself to be so mad and angry.. I'd say the term is 'blinded by anger' I'd never do that to Philo so why did I do that to Elioenai..?

As the servants left I stared at myself in the mirror and sighed, the pearls wrapped around my neck were useless, they made me seemed elegant and important but all I am, and will be is a title.. a title that brings everyone to their feet to kiss my polished loafers and obey many commands.

I hated that. I hated me.

But why must I wallow in self pity? It's my fault so I simply must do something about it! I must apologize! I was never good at apologizing when in school to my classmates but I could now, right..?

My room door slams itself open and I jump out of fright. "Goodness!" I squeak looking back to see an out of breath Philo standing in front of the doors.

"You——" he breaths in sharply with his hands clutching his knees. "You are not going to believe what happened!" He squealed running up to me and jumping on my back.

Losing my balance, we both land onto the floor and laughter invades my pitiful emotional spirit. "What are you doing here Philo?!" I giggled as he groaned in pain.

I get up slowly and help him up with a quick pull.

"Aqua ridge is hosting a ball and it's water themed! We're going to be in the water! And I just had to bring my tailor with me so we can get measured for some beautiful outfits!" He explained with a handful of enthusiasm.

My eyes went wide and I screamed. "OH MY GODDESS! Foreal?! That's insane I'm so excited!"

We squealed together jumping around the room,

Then my mind went back to Elioenai, and what I had done, like that my mood was dampened with guilt and shame. Philo picked it up quickly and his eyebrows furrowed.