『Gorgeous days with terrible people』

Lawrence awoke in his comfortable bed, his brown, wavy hair catching the abundant daylight streaming into his bedroom. Today, he felt unusually cheerful; he played Ariana Grande's "Supernatural" on his phone, connected to his pods, softly singing along to the lyrics:

"This love's possessing me, but I don't mind at all. It's like supernatural,
It's taking over me, don't wanna fight the fall. It's like supernatural."

He hummed the entire song during his walk to the coffee distributor, where he grabbed a cup. Julian, the caffeine-addicted rat, approached him with a question.

"Oh, you love Ariana's poetry? Rock is much better, you know?"

"You think I don't listen to rock? Feminine rock hits harder than any rock. Olivia Rodrigo is a brilliant artist; her new hit 'Obsessed' is better than the whole album," Lawrence replied.

"God made boys to sing rock. Take Måneskin, for example; their music is adored not just by Italians, but by people worldwide."

"Then explain why my entire family in Italy, including my aunt, uncle, cousins, and my big, boring brother, are all aware of those girls' international successes?" Lawrence retorted.

"Besides, rock doesn't mesh well with poetry. But whatever, Julian, focus on your day; I have no time for debates."

........................

Lawrence, tbh, listens more to rap, which he knows it's another form of poetry but he knows the lyrics would be unpleasant to the "dreamweavers"

He faked all time his love for feminine songs, although he loves Icy Subzero more than anyone else.

.....................

Lawrence planned to spend an hour in the digital painting room before studying (he would never do that,) a book on natural sciences, crafting his perfect day. He headed to the right hall but realized he didn't have a tablet. He called over to Braise.

"I don't have a tablet; where can I find one?"

"My dear Lawrence, don't worry! Have you checked that chest over there? There are 26 pads and a synchronized pencil," Braise informed him.

"Thanks for letting me know!" Lawrence said, relieved. He rummaged through the closet and found a tablet labeled "26, Lawrence." As the newest member of the college, his tablet was uncustomized, so he quickly put a B&N theme and began to paint with IbisPaint. He sketched doodles of himself, Braise, and Mark on a 2k rectangular canvas, enjoying the process.

However, Mackenzie, Lena's best friend, and Scarlett, a gossip enthusiast and Julian's toxic friend, were also in the room. They mocked his drawing.

"Why do you act like Braise is your dad? Stop being cringe, lol," Mackenzie sneered.

"The way you speak doesn't fit a poet. What do you mean 'lol'? And no, it's just him; I don't care if it's not even proportionate," Lawrence shot back.

⚠️TW⚠️

"And you love that big guy Mark and Beatrix, aka chicken?" Scarlett snarled. "You must be a-" He was about to utter a derogatory term.

"I have to stop you right there. It's okay to be bisexual, isn't it? And you both adore that infuriated element named Lena?"

"Yes? Loser," they both said.

"Fvck yourself." Lawrence retorted.

He sat in silence for a while, contemplating the bullies' behavior.

┊                                                      "How did i got here..." ┊
┊       "Lena is the reason for this..."                                               ┊
┊                                                      "I hate everyone there and i am faking love..."┊
┊ "i'll just pretend,they surely treat me like a joke...                                                     ┊

Shaking off the encounter, Lawrence picked up his natural sciences book from the living room. Marcus approached him with a request.

"Hey, could you do me a favor? Young Jamila wants to sleep, but they always sleep with someone nearby. This only happens at night, but you'll need to comfort them. In return, you'll receive a whole set of markers. Do you accept?"

"Sure," Lawrence agreed.

As he studied, Jamila's warm fluff surrounded him, their purring indicating contentment. Lawrence delved into his favorite topics: various plants, animal habitats, and ecosystems. Meanwhile, Marcus placed a giant bag of markers in his bedroom.

Time passed...

At dinner, Lawrence took his usual seat and inquired, "What's the menu today?"

"Mussels with tomato cubes and basil, cooked in tomato juice," Lila the red panda announced.

The evening was filled with drama from Lena's friend group, but Lawrence had no idea that the next day would bring an even better experience.

And at night... the voices in his head...

"HE sUckS At EvEryThiNg"     "He'S So WeIrD"      "WhY He's nOt A FuRrY"  "We WAnthE Gone RigHt MacKy BoO?!"  "JUliAn Is My BoyFlieNd" "AEOGHHHHH"

And...

And and and...