Chapter 3: Bataille de Vent

THOUGHTS IN MY HEAD WERE RUNNING IN CIRCLES.

I've already told you that Sylvan is a great inventor. But battle against a beast? Nah. He's probably joking. What a lame joke. Haha.

"You have powers?" Victor was astonished.

"Uncle Victor, this guy is an inventor. He always tries to invent something new. But I don't think he can battle against a beast with his stupid inventio-"

Suddenly a voice was heard.

"BEHOLD, MY ALL-NEW NEXT-GENERATION SUPER ADVANCED AIR GUN!!!!"

I'm not the one joking. He is.

"SO YOU'RE GOING TO BATTLE THIS WIND GIANT WITH A FEW METAL PIECES? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" Victor couldn't hold his exasperation.

Neither could I. But I had to trust him. It was our only source of hope. "Trust him," I said, "Uncle Victor. His inventions work... sometimes."

"Gwararara, Victor J. Neltas, you better hand me over that kid. Protecting him is futile. Not that it bothers me, though. You better surrender or I'll have to use violence."

OK MYSTERIOUS GUY, you want me? Take me. But stop burping like that. You're really annoying. You must be no fun at parties. I wish I could've said all this to him.

"You better shut up, Gunnivindr. He's the only hope for the Imperium. I'll protect him till I die." Gun-Gunna-Gunnivinder-what? I'll just call him wind guy. But Victor's words left a deep influence on me. I started believing in him. But what is Imperium? Maybe I'll find out later.

"HEY, GUYS, BACK OFF. I'LL TEACH GASSY WILBUR WHO'S THE BOSS HERE." Sylvan confidently screamed. His steely gaze locked into Wind Guy. He declared, "You won't get away with this, Windy Boy." The Wind Guy chuckled; his voice carried by the breeze. "Oh, but the winds of fate are fickle, Sylvan. Let's see if you can weather this storm."

"You were warned. Wind guy. FRAPPE ZEPHYR!!!"

A focused blast of wind aimed to unsettle Gunnivindr. The air hummed with energy as the gust surged forward, seeking its mark. Gunnivindr seemed to lose his balance, but he was no novice. He easily cancelled the attack.

"Hey, your invention didn't work!" Uncle shouted.

Sylvan, being partially deaf, replied, "My attention isn't worth? Hey, that hurts!"

Victor was too frustrated to reply.

"It seems like you've declined my offer, Victor J. Neltas. You are sending kids to battle when you wield such unimaginable powers? Hmph. Pathetic. Anyway, Asher J. Neltas. Now, die. So that I can hand you over to the King of The Legion." I was least bothered about King of The Legion. "You have powers, Uncle Victor? Why don't you use it?" Victor was tense. "Shut up for now. I don't have powers. He's lying. Don't pay attention to whatever he says."

"So pitiful," the wind dude continued, "let me tell you. Your uncle wields the mighty powers of the Gravitas. But this man is too scared to use it in front of you guys. Innit, Victor J. Neltas?"

"It's clear from your expression," I said, "Uncle. Just finish it in one hit! What are you waiting for?"

"I. SAID. SHUT. UP. Also, I don't have any powers. He's brainwashing you. I'm just a poor old man trying to protect you.

"But you aren't exactly protecting," Sylvan intervened, "You're just arguing with Gassy Wilbur."

Victor preferred to ignore us.

Wind Dude couldn't hold his patience. "Let me end your suffering. Take this." Suddenly, he started collecting wind from the atmosphere and moulding them into spears. Which took exactly 2 seconds. With a burp, I mean, Gwararara, he threw them towards us, trapping us in a cage-like structure- or perhaps a cage itself.