Chapter 04: Unexpected Reunion

May 15th,2022
                    KIM GARAM

As I sat down to sign copies of their album for eager fans, the atmosphere buzzed with excitement and anticipation. Each fan brought a unique energy, a mix of adoration and enthusiasm that fueled my own sense of fulfillment.

Along the long queue, I spotted her.

The one who I didn't want to see

Yoo Eun-seo.

The exact same pair of eyes glaring back at me with hate and frustration.

It's not that I was scared of her but I definetly didn't want to encounter her.

When Eun-seo's turn came, Garam couldn't ignore the tension that hung thick in the air between them. Eun-seo's gaze bore into Garam's, a silent challenge underlying her words.

"Eun-seo," Garam greeted cautiously, her voice tinged with apprehension.

"Garam," Eun-seo replied coolly, her tone betraying a hint of underlying resentment.

"Congratulations on your debut. It must be quite the relief to finally see your dreams materialize.

Garam forced a smile, though it didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Thank you. It's been a long journey."

"A journey filled with secrets, I hear," Eun-seo remarked, her words carrying a veiled accusations.

Garam's heart skipped a beat, the memories of their shared past flooding back. "I don't know what you mean," she replied, trying to keep her composure.

"Oh, I think you do," Eun-seo countered, a smirk playing on her lips.

"But don't worry, I won't spoil your little party here. Just remember, not everyone is as forgiving as your fans."

The threat hung in the air like a dark cloud, casting a shadow over the otherwise celebratory atmosphere.

Garam felt a surge of defiance rise within her, refusing to be intimidated.

"I won't let anyone sabotage what I've achieved," Garam stated firmly, meeting Eun-seo's gaze with determination

.Eun-seo's smile turned icy, a glint of challenge in her eyes. "We'll see about that," she replied cryptically before taking her signed album and walking away, leaving Garam with a lingering sense of unease.

As the fan meeting continued, Garam couldn't shake off the encounter with Eun-seo.

Her mind raced with thoughts of how to handle the looming threat, knowing that the road ahead would be fraught with challenges and obstacles, both old and new.

But she also found solace in the unwavering support of her fans and fellow members, a reminder that she wasn't alone in this journey.

After the fan meeting, At their dorm, where all the members were sitting together in Chaewon's bed.

"Garam, is everything okay?" Yunjin asked softly, her eyes filled with worry.

I forced a smile, trying to brush off the unease. "It's nothing, just an old acquaintance causing a bit of trouble."

The rest of the members, sensing something amiss, gathered around Garam, their expressions a mix of curiosity and concern.

"What happened?" Chaewon inquired, her voice filled with empathy.

I hesitated, unsure of how much to divulge. "It's just... Eun-seo," I  began, choosing my words carefully.

"She said some things that weren't exactly friendly."

"Eun-seo?" Kazuha's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Isn't she...?"

I had already told the members about the whole situation with Eun-seo.

I nodded, my gaze flickering with a mix of emotions. "Yeah, she is."

Yunjin placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"You don't have to worry about her.

We're here for you, and we won't let anyone ruin this moment for you."
Eunchae chimed in, her voice filled with determination.

"Exactly. We've worked too hard to let anyone dampen our spirits."Kkura, who had been observing quietly, spoke up with a reassuring smile.

"Garam, remember what you told us before? We're stronger together, and no matter what challenges come our way, we'll face them as a team."

I felt a wave of gratitude wash over me, the support of my members gave me renewed strength.

"Thank you, everyone," I said, my voice tinged with emotion.

"I won't let this affect me. We have a journey to continue, and I'm ready for whatever comes our way."

The members nodded in agreement, their unity and resilience shining through.

As the conversation among the members continued, Chaewon gently suggested,

"Garam, maybe you should consider talking to our manager about this. It's better to keep him informed, especially if Eun-seo plans to cause trouble."

I nodded, considering Chaewon's advice. "You're right. I'll talk to him after the fan meeting. It's important that he knows what's going on."

Yunjin chimed in, "Our manager has always been supportive and proactive. He'll know how to handle the situation."

Kazuha added, "And he can also provide us with guidance on how to deal with any potential issues that may arise."

Eunchae, ever practically, suggested, "Maybe we should also be prepared in case Eun-seo tries something during future events or promotions. It's better to have a plan in place."

Kkura agreed, "Let's stay vigilant and look out for each other. We're a team, and together we can handle anything."

Feeling reassured by my members' support and advice, I smiled gratefully.

"Thank you, everyone. I'll talk to our manager and make sure we're prepared for whatever comes our way. Nothing will stop us from achieving our dreams."

With a renewed sense of unity and determination, the members continued to chatter in excitement about their day at the fan meeting, their bond stronger than ever as they faced challenges head-on, ready to navigate the complexities of the entertainment industry together.