Aid

April 22nd 1970

Gordon found himself resting in a siding, as he waited for the time came for when he had to take the express. He was thinking...

He was looking forwards to meeting with Alfred again, as he was informed he would be arriving with some gunpowder vans later that day, he rested until he heard a gentile panting, seeing a green tank engine with the number 9 painted on his sides. He looked exhausted.

"Monring, Oliver!" Gordon said, calmly, looking at the exhausted engine, as he pulled a train of brown vans.

"Hey Gordon..." he said, panting as he stopped and released a cloud of steam.

Gordon could tell he was far from good, as he was aware he had been working for several hours at a time, after that fishing village in his branchline opened he had been overworked, even with the help of Donald and Douglas it was too much, specially as Donald had to return to his mainland duties, and Douglas to his own branchline at Brendam, as he also couldn't leave BoCo and the two China Clay twins to do all the work for him.

"... Overworked, i see?" Gordon said, calmly "did you talk to The Fat Controller to send some... Permanent help over?" Gordon asked, fully aware of Oliver's situation

"He said he's planning on sending one of those new engines he got a month ago." Oliver replied. "If i had to guess, maybe its Arthur."

Recently, the new Fat Controller, Charles, had gotten a few engines easily, as he was a smart guy, able to find a loophole to basically obtain the engines for almost nothing! These engines were named Arthur, Jinty and Rebecca.

His father was trully proud.

However, he had taken a while to decide who would take the job to help out Oliver, as he had jobs for the three fo them in the mainline.

Arthur was the engine determined to help out Oliver, as he offered himself to help out on multiple occasions, but he returned to Brendam constantly, as he was eagered to finally meet Alfred himself, he reversed into a shed with Douglas and Ben

"So today is when that Alfred fella will come to the island?" Arthur asked, calmly. Smiling at the two engines next to himself.

"Aye" Douglas said, with a smile. "He should come over to drop some vans."

Ben was also excited, he looked up at Alfred like a sort of role model. "This is exciting!" He said "Shame Bill isn't here to see him!"