Chapter: 1

Lorenza

"You have got to be shitting me!" I heard my sister, Quinn, yell dramatically.

"What are yo-" I turned to her with a slight glare. I was too tired for this bullshit.

"My jeans!" She drawled out the 's' as if she were auditioning to play the role of a snake in a kids animation.

Quinn was running around my room, without pants, desperately looking for her favourite jeans. She had insisted that it was in my room, when actually, our step-dad, Jonah, had thrown them out the window last night. Was not gonna tell her that though.

"Just wear a diffrent pair of pants, and get the hell out my room." I huffed, but i couldn't help the laugh that slipped my lips.

"But what is my boyfriend going to think?" She whined before disappearing out my room. She is 20, and shes worrying about jeans. Wonder how motherhood is going to work out.

I shook my head and went back to doing my hair. I wasnt making it too special, just a high ponytail with loose strands on the sides of my face. I looked down at my jewellery box and decided to go for a silver jewel for my nose ring. My ears had already got the same treatment, with the silver jewel, on all 3 of the earrings, and after checking myself out in the mirror, I defined myself, ready for school. Physically at least, mostly.

I wore cargo pants with a forest green belly top. It wasnt too cold, and I couldnt find a good jacket, I thought I would be okay.

I had a bit of makeup to hide my eyebags, but not more than that.

I heard a honk outside and immediately thought my best friend, Stace, was here to pick me up, but when i went downstairs and stepped outside with my bag and phone, it was my neighbour, Mr Joel Glenn, taking Jonah to work.

"Oh, hey, Lori." He smiled widely. Don't call me that.

"Hi, Mr Glenn." I fake-smiled. "How are you?" I couldn't care less, but I had to be nice, or my mom would start shit with me.

"Im great, thank you very much. How has school been?" He smirked. "Hope you have been studyi-" He got interrupted when Stace's car honked. 

I looked over at her car, relief washing over me. "Sorry, Mr Glenn, gotta get to school." I waved with a short smile and ran over to Stace's car.

Once inside it, I sighed with relief before smiling at Stace. "Ready for school?" I grinned lazily.

"Are you ready to get back with your ex?" She giggled, as she started driving. I couldn't help but laugh.

After a few minutes, she glanced at me. "I heard you were at a party last night?" She pursed her lips.

Yeah, so i did indeed go to a party on a week night, but i didn't really think. A boy had invited me, and told me it was going to be chill. So i agreed to go.

When I got there, it was as crowded as a shopping mall on a Saturday, but the boy found me and brought me inside. He dragged me around, grabbing alcohol and even got me to do cocaine. Wasnt my thing, but i did it anyway, just so I'd be part of the party.

I somehow got home, because I woke up in my warm bed, sore, and dizzy, but a good shower and cup of coffee got me mainly awake and made me look somewhat alive. Despite the obvious dark circles around my eyes.

"Yeah, but I really needed to go out and do something productive so-"

"Thats not productive! Its stupid. You could have been hurt by some dumbass boy who thinks he owns all women." She frowned, gently holding my hand. "What would your dad say?"