unannounced knock 🥀

A LITTLE INTRODUCTION OF THE CHARACTERS - OF THE CHARACTERS

1- Jagdeep Singh - Jasmine's father
2- alok sharma - Luv's father.

jasmine's pov

✧⁠\⁠(⁠>⁠o⁠<⁠)⁠ノ⁠✧

✧⁠\⁠(⁠>⁠o⁠<⁠)⁠ノ⁠✧

i was getting ready for college when someone knocked on the door i already knew who it was - my father.

i opened the door.

his eyes were teary.

i panicked and instantly made him sit on the chair and grabbed a glass of water for him.

"what happened papa , pls tell me?" i asked him.

he sighed before speaking - "you know that a person lend me money to send your brother to canada."

"yess i know but what about it" i asked getting tensed.

he is a big business men you know that, he agreed to lend me money and wanted to me work for him return but as you know that because of my heart disease i haven't been able to go to work or return any money" he said while tears were falling down his cheeks.

i whipped his tears and asked him again "what is it about it father".

"he wanted me to pay him back that i cannot you know, when i told him i cannot .. he said then i had to get you married to his son or otherwise he will take our house down as i kept it as a collateral" he said sobbing.

before i could say anything.

he started to speak" but i am not at all asking you to marry his son, i know you don't want to. i will look for an alternative".

my eyes became watery too while i spoke " we can barely pay my college fees dad even if im in a government college dad and you know we wont be able to return him his money back nor we can afford to loose this single asset we have , you know how much mother loved the house"

i wiped my tears and spoke "anyways its my age to get married dad, i will marry whoever it is"

"beta you don't have to, also they are orthodox hindu's and us being punjabi will never fit in" he uttered.

"mera naa vi jaismine hai, i will dad" i spoke like i didn't just agreed to marry a guy jiska naam "bhi muje nhi ptaa.

"marriage is a big step baccha specially with mr sharma's son because there is no such thing as a divorce in their family" he stated.