CURSED 5: JUST CAUSING RUCKUS

Since the collaboration between Empire and Vignier was finalized, Empire decided to hold a banquet to celebrate the collaboration. Several important people were invited and of course Kazandra was the star of the night.

She arrived in a red dress that hugged every curve of her body. She had her hair tied in a high ponytail and her lips were as red as blood. Her tall physique caught the attention of everyone in the party. She looked like a model because of the aura around her.

Beside her was a familiar face to most of the guests. She was Ingrid Lowein, a famous model and owner of the Matrix Magazine, one of the four top magazines in Xefton city. She was in a gorgeous black dress with her hair curled and a lovely smile on her face. Both of them entered the hall and caught everyone's attention. They were definitely the definition of head turners.

The shutter and camera kept on resounding as they made their way towards the crowd. The party hasn't officially started yet and yet people were already flocking towards the important guests. In fact, no one knew who the woman was in red but because she was with Ingrid, everyone became curious.

They gathered around the top model and simultaneously asked about the woman. Anyone who could be with the owner of Matrix would surely be not just someone. Kazandra was smiling while looking at the people who just wanted to please Ingrid by being civil with her.

Kazandra was well aware of the intention behind the smile and happy chatter that these people were showing them. Whoever gets to befriend Ingrid would have another connection to an influential person in the industry. She could also see that most of the people approaching her friend were women who wanted to appear in her magazine.

"Too bad." She shook her head. Ingrid was never a person who uses connection or gives special treatment even to the people she was close to, especially when it comes to work.

After a while, Kazandra was forgotten so she took that chance to leave. The atmosphere was suffocating but she needed to bear with it. This would be the last time that she would be attending such parties. She walked to a fairly secluded part of the hall with a glass of wine in her hand and watched as guests continued to arrive.

From the balcony on the second floor, Vega had been watching. The moment that Kazandra entered the floor, his eyes were automatically on her. He was in a blue suit that perfectly fits his body with his hair slicked back to the back.

Vega's eyes followed every movement of the woman. His perfect vision made it even clearer and the urge to go down and be with her made him clenched his jaws. The perfect control he had on his body and emotion was really handy whenever the woman was around.

He stood straight when he felt that his secretary was on his way towards him. Evos leaned and told him that the party was about to start since all important guests were already there. Vega nodded and he walked down the stairs towards the stage.

The guests were then led to their seats. Vega was seated at the front and Kazandra was escorted by one of the staff to sit beside him. This scene filled the hall with whispers as the guests couldn't help but wonder why she was sitting there beside the CEO. The MC promptly calmed the crowd and opened the program.

From the outside, a woman was making a ruckus. She was late and yet she was demanding them to announce her arrival like someone important. She was threatening the concierge and the guards and even throwing her father's status in the mix. Because of that, they had to relent. One of the guards sent the concierge inside to let them know of the situation.

While the opening performance was happening, the concierge had a talk with the staff and the MC. It even looked like they were arguing and this caught the attention of Vega and Kazandra. Vega looked at his secretary so Evos had no choice but to go and ask what was happening. While he was on his way, the performance ended and the MC needed to go to the stage.

"This is not in the program but we would like to acknowledge the daughter of Reiner Enterprises who came to support tonight's events." The smile on the MC's face was stiff and he averted his gaze when he saw that Evos was looking at him.

The door to the hall opened and Sophia Reiner entered like she owned the place. The guests couldn't believe that someone like her interrupted the event. She walked inside and ignored all the looks that were thrown her way. She was even grinning and had her head held high.

Sophia Reiner was known for her arrogance just because her father owned one of the biggest enterprises in Xefton City. She would walk around parading her status like she owned the whole city and many people despised her but she seemed to have been immune to all the criticisms thrown her way.

She enjoyed the attention but the smile on her face disappeared when she saw that Vega was sitting with Kazandra. Sophia marched towards them and pulled Kazandra's shoulders.

"That's my seat." She was clearly looking down on the woman.

Kazandra looked around her then looked up at the woman. "Oh, did you buy this seat?"

Sophia grimaced, "Everything around Vega belongs to me and I can spend money to buy that chair. Get up and let me sit."

Kazandra smiled and shook her head. She looked at the man before she stood up. "Alright, that seat is all yours." She leaned forward and whispered in her ear, "I just hope that you can keep it."

Kazandra pulled back and waved her hand at the woman. But before she left, she made sure to caress Vega's shoulders and gave him a nod. She found an empty seat at the back and calmly sat down. Sophia was unhappy because of that touch but it disappeared after she sat down.

That table was supposed to be for the star of the night but now someone else was occupying it. Sophia tried to hook her hand on Vega's arms but the man avoided her touch. He then changed seats and sat down on the chair that his secretary was occupying. Evos immediately came before Sophia could also change her seat. After he was seated, Vega signaled for the MC to continue.