Excitement

Rin couldn't remember ever being so eager before. She had felt a lot of things in her short life, but excitement wasn't something she was overly familiar with.

It was nearing the beginning of autumn when her Lord returned from one of his nightly patrols. Normally, it wasn't something eventworthy, but that night was different.

Instead of simply sitting down and enjoying the silence as he tended to do upon his return, her Sesshomaru-sama demanded Jaken pack up camp, and she ride on Ah-Un. He did not give any details, but Rin knew something big was happening.

Because Sesshomaru-sama wasn't angry upon his return, she was ensured wherever they were going would be something she would like. She never would have imagined what her lord had decided.
It took nearly three days to reach their destination, but when they did, Rin nearly burst at the seem with joy.

Now, three weeks later, Rin was enjoying playing a game of chase with her best friend Shippo while her lord once again was arguing with his younger brother. She didn't understand why they were constantly arguing. Actually, she didn't understand why Inuyasha-san kept starting arguments with her lord.

Inuyasha-sans group was looking for a bad man who worked with the scary wind lady that had tried to kidnap her in the past. Since her lord was also looking for that bad man, it made sense to travel together.

Everyone else seemed ok with it. Sango-san and Miroku-san didn't really say anything one way or another. They were nice and included Rin, Jaken, and even Ah-Un in their activities. Rin thought they would include her lord if they weren't so scared of him.

But they didn't need to be scared. Lord Sesshomaru was only mean and scary to bad people who threatened what is his. Even if they fight all the time, Inuyasha-san is his little brother. Sango-san, Miroku-san, Shippo, and Kagome-sama are Inuyasha-sans.

Inuyasha protects them, and Sesshomaru-sama protects Inuyasha-san, so... Sesshomaru-sama would never hurt them or let them get hurt under his watch. Kagome-sama seemed to understand it, even if no one else did. Kagome-samas word was enough for Shippo, Sango-san, and Miroku-san.

Other than listening to her lord and his brother argue and playing with Shippo, Rin had recently been enjoying the benefits of being around Kagome-sama full time. She was so nice and smart.

Kagome-sama made sure Rin ate three times a day, and sometimes she even got strange snacks and sweets from the mikos home. The older girl also helped keep her clean with almost daily baths, brushing her hair, mending her kimono... Kagome-sama even brought Rin new clothes and shoes!

Kagome-sama also started teaching her the same things she studied. Rin never met another girl, demon, or human, who got to learn all the things the miko was teaching her. She was friendly and treated Rin the sane as Shippo.

Like a mother.

Rin wanted it to last forever, but she knew someday, when the bad man was gone, Kagome-sama would leave with Inuyasha-sans group. There wouldn't be any reason for Sesshomaru-sama to keep them around.

The thought made her sad, and in the back of her mind, she wondered if there was a way to keep the two groups together, even after the bad man was gone.