15

"And I'd like them delivered immediately. No they don't need to set anything up, I'll do that myself. Just have everything at the address listed by four." Kara deadpanned. "Yes ma'am!" The man stated. "Good! Lee, are you ready go birthday shopping?" Kara asked. "Yes!" Lena replied with a smile. The two of them left the shop and headed to the car and headed to the nearest department store.

Once they arrived at the shop Kara grabbed a cart and began pushing it around. "Where to first?" Lena asked. "Home goods. Gotta get everything we'll need while we're here." Kara replied. "What will you do when yo go back with the condo?" Lena asked. "Keep it, possibly rent it out as furnished for someone with a child or children." Kara replied. "Do you ever think about having more? Kids I mean?" Lena asked.

"Well perhaps. Alura wasn't conceived out of 'love' it's why I was keeping it secret from you for so long. I was afraid you'd look at me differently." Kara explained. "What happened?" Lena asked. "Right before we put that lead into the air Mon-El got me drunk with alien beer one night. I was already solar flared from the fight before that when we teamed up to save Sam from Rein...well Mon-El followed me home...and well one thing lead to another I passed out and he...had his way with way with me multiple times. Alex found me the next morning right before the lead was put into the air. I was badly bruised and was bleeding from my head and wrists...when I found out I was pregnant...I took a long time to contemplate getting rid of it...but Alex just sat me down and talked to me and told me that no matter what I chose she'd be with me every step of the way." Kara began.

Lena had tears brimming her eyes as the blonde spoke. "Oh god! I am so sorry Kara!" Lena cooed as she put an arm around her. "It's ok Lee. Well six months after that I gave birth to her. She didn't look like him at all and I thanked Rao for it. And now Mon-El's obviously dead due to a malfunction in his pod...so he won't ever know about her." Kara added. "Six months? You were only pregnant six months?" Lena asked in shock. "Alien genes remember. It's also why I haven't been with anyone since she was born." Kara added. "But..you're a woman..you can't get another woman pregnant can you?" Lena asked.

Kara looked at the bedding remaining silent. "Actually...being a Kryptonian I can..." Kara replied in a half whisper. Lena looked at her in complete shock. "This explains so much! Wow! How did you have sex...before Mon-El? Finger condoms?" Lena asked half joking half serious. "I...uh..would use a toy on them. Never my fingers, or my mouth...just in case..." Kara replied.

The woman continued shopping piling things into the cart and making small talk. "So is there anything else I should know?" Lena asked as they began looking at gifts for Alura. "Well...a little known fact is that I have a soulmate. When I bond with them they'll become full Kryptonian since they're a human now." Kara replied. "Soulmate? Do you know who it is?" Lena asked hesitantly. "Yep!" Kara replied. "Are you gonna tell me or do I have to guess?" Lena asked. "Well I'll give you a hint. It's not Maggie, Alex or Sam, or Winn, or James and it definitely wasn't Mon-El." Kara explained. Lena began thinking hard on this subject.

"Do I know them?" Lena asked after a moment. "Yes." Kara replied. "Oh! Is it Andrea or Cat? Oh god! It's Cat Grant isn't it?" Lena asked. "Omg! No! It's none of them. You know what? I'll tell you who it is Saturday night. Deal?" Kara asked. "You have yourself a deal Kara Danvers." Lena replied with a smile. "Now what am I gonna get my daughter for her birthday?" Kara asked herself as she eyed the children's toys. "What does she like?" Lena asked. "Anything and everything, except dolls. She's not into them." Kara added. "Hmm? She said she likes board games, and that you guys play them a lot." Lena replied.

"We do! Essentially in the winter time. When we come in from playing in the snow we make hot chocolate and play games." Kara replied. "That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a winter afternoon." Lena replied. A few minutes later they had picked out several things to get Alura and were heading back towards the cash registers. Lena made sure to separate her gifts for Alura from Kara's so the blonde wouldn't pay for everything. "Thank you! Have a good day!" Kara said to the cashier as she loaded the cart back up.

"Ready to go set furniture out?" Kara asked teasingly to Lena. "Of course!" Lena replied with a smile as they got into the car.