Distraction

Y/Ns POV

You open your eyes and abruptly sit up, head throbbing. You feel something shift beside you, thinking it was a rodent you jerked your head around to see it was...people? A short ginger haired looking boy and a brown haired girl. You didn't recognize either of them so the fact they were cuddled up sound asleep right beside you was quite weird. It wasn't bad tho, sorta cozy if you get over the fact your laying in a pile of hay and sharing a ratty blanket with two strangers.

You get up and slowly try to sneak off without causing a commotion. "Oh. Your awake." A cold voice said from one corner of the alleyway. You jumped "who's there! I've got uh, fists! So stay back!" You call out to whoever was there. The figure emerged from the shadows. They were tall, dark haired, with a bottle in hand. He had bags under his eyes and looked slightly pissed off. "Uh. Are you ok" he asked, stopping about four feet away from you. "I-I think? What even happened?" You say, rubbing your head. "You slammed into me, dumbass." The guy said, sounding more pissed off now than before. "Oh, I'm sorry about that but I was tryna get away from these fancy men and... well it's not that deep. But do you know why I'm, like, here? And why I feel like there's broken glass in my back?" You ask him.

"Aight well uh I sorta smashed you with my bottle... But it was for self defence so I don't feel much shame about it. But uh- sorry. We patched you up tho.Maybe look where your going next time." He muttered. "Uh, ok. Noted. Anyways. What's your name..?" You sighed. "It's Stone." He murmured. "...You?" He asked, taking a sip of his drink. "Oh, I'm Y/N." you reply.

*hicc* "Y/N..." he said under is breath, before wobbling over to a crate and sitting down to light a cigarette. You watched as he blew smoke, in disgust. *cough COUGH*you dug your face into your sleeve, trying to not breath in the smoke.

But you couldn't handle it, and got up over to him, snatching the cigarette from his mouth. "The fuck do you think you're doing?!" He said in disbelief, as you placed it on the ground and stomped on it. "Sorry I just can't stand that. Do you know how bad it is to smoke stone? Do you really want lung disease?" You exclaimed. He seemed ticked off. "Uh, I don't care. And that was my last cigarette. Thanks a lot." "You're welcome!" You said, with a smug look on your face. He flipped you off and went to go wake his crew.

"Vin? Skipp? Cmon. We need to go or we're going to miss rush hour" He said, leaned over the two who were still snoring in the pile of hay. Skipp opened his eyes immediately and leaped up at stone. "Oh boy, rush hour!" He yelled, causing vinnie to wake up as well. "WOO, RUSH HOUR!?" She said with a toothy smile, sitting up. "Oh, hey! The one you slammed a bottle into is awake.. Heyy!" Vinnie said, waving to you. You slowly waved back. "Um heyy!" You said.

"What's rush hour...?" You asked. "Oh it's a time of the day when the streets get busy and there's loads of rich people to steal from!" Skipp said, already heading out of the alleyway with stone. "You can tag along if you want!" Skipp called out to you. "I-I mean sure! Why not" you said, running to them. Stone glared at skipp but continued to walk.

The four of you slowly snuck up to the corner and stuck your heads out to examine the street. "Who should be our culprit today boys?" Vinnie asked. "...uh, maybe her." Stone said, slowly pointing to a woman in a black dress sitting on a bench. "Perfect!" Skipp said. "Alright let's get a move on!" Vinnie replied, running over quickly. In the blink of an eye, the crew had already snuck behind the bench. Vinnie motioned to you to come over. You weren't used to stealing from the rich with other people, but you figured it would be a nice change of pace.

Running over, you made sure to hide behind a passing horse before rolling under the bench to remain unseen. "Not bad new kid!" Vinnie whispered to you and nudged you in the arm.

You smiled, it was kinda nice for your skills to be noticed. "Alright gang, let's do this!" Skipp whispered. Stone nodded. He slipped a coin out of his jacket pocket and slid it under the bench, causing to to roll over and cause a little *Tink* sound. The woman on the bench looked down, to see a shiny coin. She immediately bent over to pick it up. And well she did so, they grabbed her purse that she had left on the bench, and ran right back to the alleyway.

Vinnie held up their prize proudly. "We did it WOO!!" She yelled. "Let's see what we got." Stone said, pointing his bottle to the purse. She quickly opened it and turned it over to let whatever was inside fall out. *tink* 7 gold coins and a coupon for one can of beans fell out. Vinnie stared in awe "HOLY SHIT GUYS WE ARE EATING TONIGHT" stone slightly smiled, but then he stopped and suddenly started frantically looking around. "Uh- guys?...wheres skipp?" Vinnie and you turned and realized skipp hadn't made it back to the alleyway. "Shit, we gotta go get him!" Vinnie said, turning and running out of the alleyway. Stone and you followed.

The three of you stopped at the corned to scan the area for skipp. "I think I see him!" You point to a ginger haired boy being chased by two policemen. "Shiiit" Vinnie said, pulling out her sword and running to go help him. Stone went to follow but when he saw you getting ready to also follow behind him, he put his hand out to stop you. "..you've been a distraction." He said, and then ran off to go help vinnie save skipp before you could say something to defend yourself.

you merely frowned as you watched the three of them. Just then you noticed two more policemen slowly sneaking up behind the other two policemen. They'll be outnumbered! You gritted your teeth in fear.

Vinnie grabbed skipp and jumped onto a light post, reaching her leg out for stone to grab, but just as he was about to, two of the policemen yanked him and tied a sack to his head. He squirmed around frantically. You quickly ran out and tried to fist fight the policemen, but that didn't work (obviously). The policemen grabbed the two of you and stuffed you in the back of their van. "It's off to the jail for you!" They exclaimed as they slammed the doors shut.

You ran over to stone who was just laying there. He made a few muffled sounds. You quickly grabbed your pocket knife and cut off the sack. He coughed and looked at you. "what the fuck did you do!" He exclaimed, staring at you and huffing. "Woah! You coulda started with thank you?" You replied, crossing your arms. "T-thank you? For what exactly? Now you've got us both headed to jail. I can take care of myself." He said.

The two of you sat there for a while and then finally you said something to break the silence. "Listen... I'm sorry for whatever I did, I just didn't want to see you get thrown in prison..." you sighed. He glanced at you and sighed, "I-I guess I've been sort of...cold to you ever since we met and uh, I'm sorry.." he murmured. 

You sat in silence for a good thirty minutes until the van stopped and the drive swung the doors open. "Follow me" he muttered, clearly sick of his job.