Chapter One

Chapter 1
The Beginning

When Life showered the world with challenges and problems, I was out there in the rain, enjoying my time. I caught it all.

And when life showered the world with dumbness and stupidity, I was out there again, dancing and having the time of my life. I caught it all again.

I know, my life is fucked the moment I came out my mother's vagina wailing and crying and being so fucking loud. I wonder how did the nurses and the doctors managed to keep up with me because I was a crybaby. I cried a lot when I was born. I should've took that as a sign.

The No. 5 bus passed by me. And of course, it splashed a lot of rain water puddle on me. Wow. Just wow.

I tried to clean myself up with my hands but the bit of mud on my white shirt just spread out. Great.

I looked around me to see people staring at me and some looked shocked. They probably can't believe that I was this unlucky. I mean c'mon, I am standing here right beside the bus stop, away from where the bus was supposed to stop, and then it just happened that a bus passed by and then all the water from the puddle splashed onto me? Come on now. Nobody is that unlucky. Except me, probably.

I haven't introduced myself.

My name is Scarlett Deniman. I am currently 25 years of age and working at a corporate company. I must say, I'm a smart student, but not too smart. Smart enough to get into the 2nd best corporate company in the country. But of course, I was also very unlucky. Too unlucky for my liking.

My hair is a mix of dark and light brown. In short, I am a brunette. My eyes are light green and I am not short. I am not tall either. Just the right height, I guess. I have a few bruise here and there due to my anemia. It's controllable don't worry. My skin is tan. I moved out of my hometown when I turned 20. It was the best thing ever.

I know you're probably not asking or wondering why but it was because I had a vision back then that something's going to happen. Something will ruined that whole town and everyone's going to die. I was 10 at the time and so as a kid, I told everybody about what I saw and they all did not believe me. They thought it was just my imagination and I was just bluffing. They all just laughed it off.

They didn't know how much visions I've seen before that came true.

Anyway, back to the present.

I am so glad I packed some extra shirt today. I am that prepared for the unlucky things that will happen to me today. When my bus arrived, I got into it and sat on the back right next to the window. I still keep on trying to take the mud off my shirt but of course, it just kept on spreading instead of disappearing.

Within 15 minutes, the bus stopped at the bus stop just in-front of my company's building. It was 56 story building. Yeah, pretty high. Makes me dizzy thinking about how high I am from the ground when I was at least 10 floors up.

I walked to the entrance. I am aware of people stealing looks. Definitely my muddy shirt. I tapped my card at the employee check in right next to the spinning door my company has. It greeted me a "Welcome!" and then went back to the current time. I immediately rushed to the 1st floor bathroom and took out the spare clothes I have. I changed into it.

I got out of the bathroom stall with a new shirt on. My shirt was a bit crinkled but It would work. I just hope Ms. Lopez won't be having an inspection today.

She is having an inspection today.

I'm fucked.

Ms. Lopez is a 45 years old woman who is very strict. She is the head inspector in our company. She inspects everything. Well, she doesn't inspect all the time but it was still scary to think.

We were all to be lined up in the hall. Office by office. So here I am, standing next to my coworker Jelly, my legs as jelly as her name. The crinkled parts of my shirt could be seen, the blazer is a no help at hiding it.

"Do you think she'll be able to notice the crinkled parts on my shirt?" I asked Jelly, my eyes still focused on the glass wall in front of me.

Jelly looked at my shirt slightly. "Yeah, I think so."

"Fuck." I mumbled.

I was fucked.

I got scolded by Ms. Lopez due to my shirt. I tried to explain to her why but she never listen to anything anyone says unless you were her boss. Which in that case, I am not.

"That's fine, Scarlett. She won't remember it tomorrow." Jelly tried to assure me.

"Forgot? She listed my damn name and gave me a warning slip."

"Well, that's just the thing. But it'll pass by. Stop worrying about it."

I just gave her a slight smile. I'll stop worrying about it if they won't deduct it from my salary. Which, they definitely would.

No other unlucky stuff happened. The ends with me stubbing my toe on the bed leg and face planting on my bed. It was painful.

When I adjusted myself and finally in the right position, I remember what I heard earlier from the TV hanging up in the wall in our office.

"Breaking News: An unidentified massive object landed in South Delly. 323 people are currently pronounced dead. Rescuers are still trying to find missing bodies. Millions of dollars of properties are affected. Authorities are not allowing any tourist or visitors to visit the areas affected." The news reporter said.

South Delly is the hometown I escaped from.

_________