Houseguest

I wake up to the sound of the trunk being slammed shut.

"We're here." Cleo tells me shutting her computer.

"Hurray." I mutter.

"I promise they're not as bad as you're imagining." She says trying to cheer me up. I roll my eyes at this. "The housekeeper made sure your bags got put into your room safely." She informs me.

Getting out of the car I'm met with a magnificent view of the mansion. "This is where he lives."

"Yep... amazing isn't it." I look over at Cleo and she's just as awe as I am. "Well then let's not keep them waiting." 

I follow behind her as she begins walking towards the house. When she opens the door I see two women standing at the bottom of the tall staircase.

"Christina these are the housekeepers in charge of cleaning your room and making you food."

"That's not necessary. I can clean up after myself plus I know how to cook."

"Mr. Delgado chose them for you personally." Cleo tells me

"If you have any concerns you can come to one of us." One of the housekeepers tells me.

"I'll show you to your room." Cleo tells me. Walking past the living room I briefly catch sight of a pool in the living room. 

These people are on a different level. 

Walking up the staircase. Cleo begins to inform me that the Delgado's won't be home until dinnertime and that I should use that time to unpack and get settled in.

I finally get to my room, and my goodness is it gorgeous. Their's satin pillows placed neatly on the bed, which is huge, there's a smart TV in the room which I didn't even know came out.

I notice that there are two desks in the room curious about this I ask Cleo about it. "Your sister-"

 "-Half-sister." I correct her

"Your half-sister Isabella was the one who decorated the room. One desk is for you to do homework and the other one is for makeup."

How considerate of her.

"Well then, I'm gonna let you get settled in, call for me if you need anything."

2 hours later

Instead of unpacking my clothes I'm lying down on the floor journaling about my experience here so far.

So far I've sent four applications to the number one private school in the U.S, Ivory Academy. 

So far all of my applications have been rejected. Except only a week ago they called telling me there was a mistake with my last application and that I had actually been accepted. I can't help but feel skeptical about this whole situation I get accepted to the top school in the U.S the same day my so called father decided to call after 15 years. Let's not also forget the fact I'm staying with his family. 

Suspicious much I think so.

*Knock Knock*

Miss Julien dinner is ready. I recognize one of the housekeepers voice. Getting up I stuff the journal back in my box sliding it under the bed before opening the door.

"You know Doris you can just call me Selena."

"Okay Miss- okay Christina."

For some reason my heart starts pounding in my chest with my heart beat getting louder each step I take down the stairs. I can hear the chatter coming from the kitchen.

Before reaching the last step, I take a deep breath. There's no reason to feel intimidated by these people. I think to myself before stepping into the kitchen.

All eyes turn to me. 

Thankfully I only see whom I assume to be the kitchen staff and Cleo. She comes up next to me and introduces me to the staff. "Everyone this is Christina Mr. Delgado's daughter." They all greet me.

"You can give them your food preferences."  I nod my head. Just as I'm about to ask her when my 'father' is coming back. She answers an important phone call leaving the kitchen.

The kitchen staff resume their work. Doris sees me and motions me toward the dining room. There's a huge chandelier above the table. Doris pulls out my chair for me. The table is filled with many different kinds of food ranging from Boeuf Bourguignon to Macarons.

"We weren't sure what kind of food you like. So we asked the cooks to make just about all kinds of things from France. Tell me if you want anything else."

"Doris this is more than enough this is a whole feast."

"Call me if you need anything else."

"Actually, when is he coming back."

"When's who coming back...oh you mean Mr. Delgado, he'll be back on New Year's."

"With his family?" "No his wife and Isabella are currently in California for one of her matches. She won't be back in time for when school starts again however." 

I thank her and with that she leaves.

This means I'll have to stay in the house with him alone.

Great