Party

As Max and Charles stood in the foyer, waiting for their friends to join them, they exchanged excited glances, their anticipation evident in the way their eyes sparkled with excitement.

"I can't believe it's already New Year's Eve," Charles remarked, a smile playing on his lips as he looked at Max. "This year flew by so quickly."

The Dutchman nodded in agreement, his own smile mirroring his lover's enthusiasm. "It feels like just yesterday you were ignoring me in Switzerland," he replied, a smirk appearing on his face.

"Oh come on, can you really blame me," Charles answered, an exasperated look on his face, but he chuckled a bit.

"But tonight is going to be better," Max continued, his tone laced with excitement. "We get to ring in the New Year together, surrounded by our closest friends."

"Yeah," Charles agreed, a warmth spreading through his chest at the thought of spending the evening with Max by his side. "I couldn't ask for a better way to start the year," he added, planting a small kiss on his boyfriend's lips.

They were interrupted by the arrival of their friends, each greeted with enthusiastic cheers and laughter. One by one, their friends began to trickle in, each greeted with enthusiastic cheers and laughter. Lando was the first to arrive, his signature grin lighting up his face as he made his way down the stairs, followed closely by Carlos and Pierre.

"Hey, guys!" Lando exclaimed, his voice ringing out with excitement as he exchanged fist bumps with Max and Charles. "Ready to ring in the New Year in style?"

Carlos and Pierre joined in the conversation, their laughter mingling with the lively ambiance of the room as they discussed their plans for the evening. The anticipation was contagious, each of them eager to kick off the festivities with a bang.

As the group assembled in the foyer, their excitement reached a fever pitch, the air buzzing with anticipation. With smiles on their faces and hearts full of joy, they knew that this New Year's Eve would be one to remember.

Once everyone was ready, they made their way outside to the waiting car, eager to kick off the evening's festivities. However, as they approached the vehicle, a lively debate broke out among the group about who should take the wheel.

"I think I should drive," Lando piped up, his hand already reaching for the driver's seat. "I've got the fastest lap at Abu Dhabi, so it only makes sense."

"Are you kidding me?" Carlos chimed in, shaking his head in disbelief. "You may be fast on the track, but that doesn't mean you're the best driver on the road."

Pierre chuckled at their banter, leaning against the car door as he watched the exchange unfold. "I think we should let Max drive," he suggested, nodding towards the world champion. "After all, he's proven himself on and off the track."

Max raised an eyebrow at the suggestion, a smirk playing on his lips as he glanced at Charles. "Looks like it's settled then," he said, his tone teasing. "I'll take the wheel."

Charles grinned in agreement, sliding into the passenger seat beside Max. "And I'll be your trusty navigator, I mean, I'm the boyfriend so," he declared, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

As the banter continued, some of the other guys, not quite convinced by the decision to let Charles have the passenger seat, began to voice their objections. However, before they could make their case, Charles swiftly climbed into the car and closed the door behind him, a mischievous grin on his face.

"Suck it up, boys," he called out through the window, his tone light-hearted but firm. "It's New Year's Eve, let's enjoy the ride!"

His declaration was met with a chorus of playful protests and laughter from the group, but as the engine roared to life and they began their journey, any lingering objections were quickly forgotten in the excitement of the moment.