sakura - minjae

listen to poster boy by lyn lapid

--

Sakura, or cherry blossoms, are well known for their image of fortune and beauty, the soft pink hue of the petals falling delicately from their stem, littering the ground in which people and animals walk on. The said creatures could even find it scattered in their hair or fur after a lovely stroll in the park, picking it off of their coats or even eating it if one desired. You could relate to cherry blossoms since they also represented the start of something new. Unlike your situation, though, these flowers were very ephemeral, lasting up to a limited time of two weeks. Your situation was (or so you hoped to be) eternal. You knew you'd live under these circumstances for the rest of your life with a smile on your face the entire time, you were sure of it.

You crouched down near these light pink flowers, your right leg bent in front of your face with your cheek resting against your knee cap. An annoyed sigh leaves your lips as you fiddle with your soon to be dirty white shoelaces, which seemed difficult to tie at the moment. You almost gave up on the idea and opted to simply tuck them into your shoe, when you hear a tree branch snap near your figure, your eyes averting from your feet to find the culprit of the sound. There stood a boy who looked about your age, a pair of black framed glasses sitting relaxed on the tip of his nose while also giving more definition to his facial structure. His boba eyes were round as they shake slightly, looking down to the pink littered floor as he silently bows apologetically for disturbing you, before giving a polite smile and continuing his walk.

You remained in your crouch position stunned, for you have never met a guy who looked so.. Pretty. He wore comfortable sweatpants and a plaid button up you swore was difficult to match with, yet he was able to sweep you off your feet, leaving you breathless in return. Your mind began to race as you thought back to the countless times you visited the park, each one of your flashbacks leaving you in a trance since you don't ever recall the boy to be in this location.

Picking yourself up and dusting off your legs, you chuckle at yourself, feeling so foolish to fall for an unknown stranger who could have very bad intentions for his peers around him. But somehow your heart was able to convince your mind to pipe down, letting your rapid heartbeat do the talking for just this once.

A laugh echoes out into the open when you feel a hand wrap around yours, twirling you around with a smile on your boyfriend's face when you finally collide, his hands trailing down your body to gently hold onto your waist. He begins waltzing you around the empty park with adoration coating his eyes, spinning you around once more before pulling you closer to his body. Delicately, he lifts your jaw with his finger, letting his lips linger onto yours as his eyes flutter shut. After smiling into the kiss, you wrap your arms around your lover, only releasing when you feel something land on your head. It was a light pink petal, the same one that witnessed your first glance down to your first kiss, a wave of nostalgia washing over yourselves as you rethink your past. It's like nature was watching your relationship with a smile on their faces, happy they made another couple under their precious leaves.

A/n: happy birthday minjae !! credit to the server for coming up with the idea and my friend for extending it and my other friend for proofreading it. I also going to give this a part two, to showcase my friend's thoughts on how they get together and everything.

648 words