chapter four: you take my hand, drag me head first, fearless.

Chapter Four: you take my hand, drag me head first, fearless.

"So, do you stay here during the school year?" Percy spoke walking into the training arena as I was getting a dagger to spar with.

"Yeah, me and Annie always stay every year."

"Except this year."

"Except this year." This year Annabeth was spending the school year with her dad. Which I am so happy for her; but it's just, I'll be lonely without her. We're practically joined at the hip most of the time.

"So.." He looked at his feet like he was deciding if not to say the next statement.

"Spit it out, Jackson." I said.

"Do you have a dad?" He asked. "I mean, since your moms, well a god. You have to have a dad right? That's how that works?" He was clueless.

"I do have one. Never met him before though. The only dad that I would call my dad is Hades." I hit the dummy across the chest with a move Luke had taught me a couple summers ago that he had made up.

"So, you have nowhere to go?" It was like he was trying to burst a vein with me.

"What are you asking Percy?"

"Look, umm, I'm just thinking since you have nowhere to go, and you have really helped me out here. I thought I could help you out, out there. I was thinking that you could stay with me and my mom for the school year. You seem smart so you could probably go to whatever school my mom sends me too. We have an extra room now since my step dad; well, I don't really know about him, all I know is he's gone." He breathed in as it was his first breath he had taken since he began speaking.

"Are you being absolutely for real right now?" I tried not to let the excitement take over me. A school year, in the real world. Actually being able to (legally, without having to be sneaky) go on the internet. Oh, I was in, I was all in.

"Yeah, I am." He said for the first time, with confidence. He broke a smile. "When you told me you never stepped foot into the real world, well, I just wanted you to see a bit of it. Before.."

"Before I die?" I said trying to fake a laugh.

A couple hours later I found myself in my cabin, getting ready for the musical.

"Pandora, Pandora, Pandora." Silena lectured me. "You cannot wear that on a date." She said looking at my Madonna t-shirt and custom painted jeans courtesy of Annabeth being bored one time.

"This is the kinda stuff I wear all the time!" I fought. "Plus you don't even know what he's wearing!"

"Dora, you are so stubborn." She inhaled through her teeth. "Can you atleast put the bow in your hair I gave you?"

"Bows are your thing, Silena." I said. They were. You never caught her without a pink ribbon somewhere in her hair.

"Then we just have to find your thing, every Aphrodite kid has a signature thing to their style." She rummaged through the cabin to try and find something. "Ahah!" She held Dove earrings in her hands. "Here." She handed them to me.