Regret.

~ 𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ~

The next day comes and I wake up to see a beautiful woman lying next to me. Maddie is truly the best. However, I am her teacher.. and she's my student. It would be weird to other people and I might end up in jail if me and Maddie ever decide to date. Now I'm clueless on what to do. It's just not right.

After a while, my thoughts got disrupted by Maddie groaning while stretching as she opens her eyes. "Good morning." I hesitantly told her.

"Good morning to you too." She smiled as she got up from bed.

"I'll make you breakfast real quick. You can follow me in the kitchen and sit there if you like. Otherwise, you can stay here." I get up from bed and headed to the kitchen. She followed along and sat down on a chair.

A few seconds later, Dexter ran to Maddie while barking as a sign of excitement. I'm pleasantly surprised that Dexter likes Maddie. Usually, he hates new people. I guess she must be special.

"Hey buddy!" Maddie greeted Dexter while playing with his fur. Meanwhile, Dexter barked in response.

As I finished making sandwiches for breakfast, I placed both of our plates on the table. Before eating, I made sure to give Dexter some food and water on his food bowl as well. Once done, I hurriedly went back to the table and sat down.

"So Maddie.. there's something I'd like to talk with you about." My hands slightly shaking as a sign of nervousness.

"What's it about? Did I do anything wrong?" She asked, her eyebrows curling.

"No, it's not you, it's me. My behavior last night was unacceptable. I just wanted you to know that it didn't mean anything." I confessed, but deep down I know I'm lying.

"Are you kidding me? You nearly kissed me. Even worse, fucked. Then now you tell me that you did not feel anything?" She took a bite of the sandwich with anger.

"Maddie... you have to know that sometimes I can't control my feelings. Sometimes, the feelings I show aren't even real." I frowned.

"So you're saying that the feelings you show me are fake? Is that what you're trying to imply? That you think I'm gullible, therefore it gives you the right to lead me on?" She asked me with her eyes getting teary.

"Maddie, no. I'm not trying to lea-" I tried to speak but she cuts me off.

"No, you know for a fact that you're leading me on. You're messing with my feelings, not yours, Ms. Anderson." Her eyes filling with anger. She then finishes her sandwich quickly and grabbed her things, getting ready to leave the house.

"Where are you going?" I stood up and followed her to the door.

"I'm heading out. Clearly, you don't want me near you, and I don't want to be near you as well." She walked fast to the door.

As she was about to open the door, I quickly held her elbow. "Maddie, please. It's not like that at all, you're misunderstanding the situation."

Without looking back, she opened the door and headed out. Tears dropped from my eyes as I watched her walk away. I admit, it's wrong for me to be flirtatious with her considering I'm her teacher. My job is to teach students, nothing more. However, I can't help but catch feelings for her. She's the only person who makes me feel this way. I can't just let the woman I dearly love leave me.

A few seconds after she disappeared from my sight, I closed the door. Immediately, I washed the plates and went to my bedroom afterwards. Everything is reminding me of her. I'm so sad I won't get to see her until Monday. Why did she have to leave like that? I wasn't trying to play with her feelings, I was just stating what's right. That nothing else should happen between me and her aside from anything that will benefit her education. Thinking about it now, I guess it is my fault too. I shouldn't have acted like that towards her when I know it's wrong.

As I thought about what happened for a while, I decided to sleep it off. Since it might be the best thing to do right now. So I closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep.

~ 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏: 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 ~

It's Monday and after my break, I have class with Maddie along with other students. The bell rang and students started coming in my classroom. I waited for Maddie to come in, although I did not see her. All I saw was Mr. Miller coming in by himself.

"Mr. Miller, have you seen Ms. Sparks by any chance?" I asked him in a strict tone.

"No ma'am. However, you can try asking someone named Juliet. She's in your class and Madison stayed over at her place last Friday. So I'd assume she knows where Madison is," he suggested. "If she doesn't know, you can try asking Emma Smith, Madison's roommate." He continued with a smile.

I nodded and pointed to his seat, a sign for him to sit down as class is about to begin. After everyone has settled down, I started class immediately.

Time went by and class finally ended. "Ms. Smith, do you mind if I ask you something?" I asked her as students leave the classroom.

"Sure, Ms. Anderson." She agreed.

"Just wondering if you know where Ms. Sparks is? You're her roommate so I assume you know where she is?" I asked.

"Oh I'm not quite sure but I have her number if you really want to know." She offered.

"Sure, give me it." She gives me the number and I tell her that she's free to go.

After Ms. Smith got out of the classroom, I immediately called Maddie's number. The call got declined twice, but after the third try, it finally worked.

"Hi Madison." I greeted her.

"Who is this?" An unfamiliar voice asked. The voice sounded like an older woman's voice, which I assumed was her mother.

"Hello. This is Madison's teacher. I called to ask why Madison is absent?" I questioned.

"Hi, I'm Madison's mother. I'm at the hospital with her right now. If there's anything she needs to accomplish, you can feel free to come to the hospital. I'll send you the location." She informed me as I received a message regarding the location of the hospital.

Hospital? Why would she be at the hospital? "I'll be there to give her the activities she missed, since the deadline is today. Thank you."

"Welcome." Her mother hung up the call.

Suddenly, a strike of guilt hit me. Am I the cause of her ending up in the hospital? This is all my fault. I shouldn't have hurt her like that. But I surely hope nothing bad happened to her and that I'm not the cause of it.

I hurriedly grabbed my things and went to my car as fast as possible. On the way to the hospital, I couldn't help but think about what happened last Friday. Will she ever forgive me for what I've done? I guess we'll find out.