Chapter 4: Enigmatic Confrontation

An anomaly amongst the anomalies, A dreamer amongst the dreamers, A scholar amongst scholars and a child in the world of adults. Zephyr was defined by myriad names, accolades, and reports. Yet, even the most detailed accounts fell short of answering the fundamental question: Who was Zephyr?

At a mere 26 years of age, with locks of grey adorning his head, this enigmatic figure achieved feats that stirred jealousy even among known geniuses. The reputed genius Screwllum No. 77 of the genius society referred to Zephyr as "A Genius born in the wrong era" a sentiment that held true. Zephyr while young had delved into the ground-breaking creations that revolutionized concepts like Imaginary Physics, Genetic Data Allocation, and Creation Theory at their core.

Yet, these achievements didn't satisfy the young genius but rather they further invigorated him on the pursuit of greatness.  In simple terms, he was a moth and the world's accumulated wisdom was the fire that attracted him.

Thus, his insatiable thirst became the foundation upon which his grand vision was built—a vision dismissed by skeptics as a jest, an impossibility. Zephyr's dream was simple in theory: to unravel the mysteries of the universe, from its inception to its inevitable conclusion. Scholars scoffed at such audacity, likening his aspirations to those of ancient deities.

In response, Zephyr would pose a perplexing question, "What is the concept of origin and end for a being that surpasses the concept of origin and end?"

Their tongues tied, their once haughty demeanor reduced to dust, no one could provide a satisfactory answer. Amidst a chorus of doubters and naysayers, Zephyr remained steadfast, his demeanor serene yet alluring. Though he referred to himself as an adventurer, his ideology was that of a philosopher—a label he vehemently denied.

Zephry when inquired about his beliefs stated, "Every man is a natural born philosopher as he is given the power to think." 

Source: IPC Archive

------------------------------------------------------

The crackling of burning wood punctuated the serene atmosphere of the verdant forest. A gentle breeze whispered through the foliage, as if reciting a sacred incantation. Moonlight filtered through the dense canopy, casting its ethereal glow upon the earth, complementing the flickering flames of the funeral pyre—the final farewell to a cherished companion.

Beside the fire sat Zephyr, He lit ablaze his cigar gently puffing the smoke out in the wilderness with what seemed like a fatigued sigh. He watched the incandescent of the flames slowly but surely dying out, a solemn silence for a friend closer than family, a farewell to a part of himself as he put it. 

"May thy Aeons shed mercy upon your soul, guiding you to a realm of eternal peace. Rest in peace Marcus." 

As the last embers faded into ash, the physical existence of Marcus was now all but gone. Though the remembrance of his teachings, adventure, failures and achievements were all stored in the ever expanding library of the Remembrance via memory seekers. 

Marcus was, in many ways, an enigma—possessed of an intricate intellect, a countenance both extraordinary and mild, his very essence as elusive as the void itself. Zephyr met him when he was researching on the planet 'Yadalayo-12' where they bounded over scientific and philosophical discussions. He had nothing to his name but his life, he had nothing to give nor to take and he had nothing to dream nor to accomplish. That made him the perfect friend for a dreamer such as Zephyr. Zephyr believed that the only way to truly understand oneself and a dream is to ask a non believer. Seeing as how Marcus was a man led through and through by the concept of Nihility. 

In the most doubtful of days, Marcus became a beacon of light for Zephyr, Helping him understand his mind and in doing that understanding his views and opinions. Zephyr greatly admired the Nihilist as even though the man had nothing to his name he still had his humanity, For that he considered the man to be a sage amongst sages.