~ The Taste of Roses ~

Taste of Roses, oh so bitter.
-

My friends would ask me if I was okay, they found my silence weird. Why? Because I've always been the loud friend — but that isn't the case for now.
I avoided talking, well, not really.
I couldn't speak even if I wanted to, because if I did — I knew right there and then, I'd have a coughing mess.

It was around April 3 when my coughing started. It was all normal at first, until– ..small rose petals started to show. I was afraid, scared, terrified.
I didn't know why this was happening.
And now and then, I would feel a burning, itching sensation in my throat.
The petals have started to grow larger too.

When I finally found out what caused this disease, I... I just broke down.
The hanahaki disease.
The more I researched about it, the more I grew afraid.

"The disease is said to be caused by one's strong feelings of love that are not returned, leading to the growth of flowers in the lungs or respiratory tract. If left untreated, the flowers can eventually suffocate the afflicted individual. Treatment typically involves either confessing one's love to the person they desire or undergoing surgery to remove the flowers. Hanahaki disease is often used as a dramatic plot device to explore themes of unrequited love, sacrifice, and the pain of unfulfilled romantic feelings."

I hated the feeling of throwing up petals, it was getting worse. Whenever I cough, there's blood and huge rose petals.
I just want this to be over, but I don't know how. I'm tired of feeling roses in my throat every single day.

I wondered to myself,
"Why is this happening to me? What does it mean by romantic feelings? I don't like anyone, I surely don't. But wait, no.. no.. it can't be, I can't be in love with him."

Love was horrible, I swear it was. But here I am, realizing that all this time, I was head over heels for the guy I swear I hated. I don't know what to do, I genuinely don't.

I swear I've never been in love before, so why was this happening? And why him out of all people?

-
Taste of Roses, oh so bitter.

[416 words]

It's been a while since I've written a book, and it's weird. I don't know why, but it is, I don't even know if it's good.
But I tried my best, and I guess that's all that matters.