Too Sweet

AN: Hey yall.... It's been awhile 😦 Uhm y'all hear that new Hozier song? Yeah 👍 I also edited a good chunk of earlier chapters. 

The morning after last night left your head pounding and a vague buzz coursing throughout your body. Everything was here and there- just glimpses of the conversation you had with Kyoya.

What you knew for sure happened was you both crying your hearts and lives out to each other. The wine that soured the two of you tongues was like a potion of truth. Or the drink made you both insanely infatuated with one another. Different from the mood swing like relationship Kyoya and you had when sober.

The burning morning sun of Los Angeles peeked through the thin curtains. Your sore body laid face in the hotel bed. Limbs sprawled out; An arm dangling off the side of the bed, one half of your body on top of Kyoya.

A groan slipped past your lips when you felt Kyoya shift underneath your body.

"Shoot today" A grumble voiced out, raspy and also in the same negative mood as you.

You hummed in confusion at the two words. The sentence not piecing together quite yet.

"Photo shoot today. Me and You. What Dante had planned" Kyoya explained. He slide out under you and say up properly against the head board.
You blink three times before shooting up.
A loud curse left your dry mouth, you body moving to sit up then get off the bed and to the living area of the hotel room.

"Why wasn't an alarm set?" You asked, panic running through your stiff body. Your hair stuck up with frizz and your sleep clothes being a random array of pink plaid boxers and a T-shirt from a middle school field trip-socks two different wild patterns.

"We were both drunk" Kyoya says matter-of factly.

The ravenette grabbed his glasses and slipped them onto his pale face. Opening his phone and scrolling through whatever work and club things that popped up. While he did that calmly, you buzzed throughout the room like a bee past due on honey. Putting your 1% phone on the charger, grabbing clothes decent enough to wear to the photo shoot, toiletries for your much needed shower.

A hum escape Kyoyas lips. They pursed together for a moment. "Y/N" he called your name.

"Yeah?" You asked with a sharp tone.

"I-" He starts before stopping himself "Never mind"

You stopped for a moment in the doorway of the bathroom "Okay well now you have to tell me"
He let up a sigh "I need to shower as well and we only have 30 minutes" He said, turning to look at you.

You nodded "okay uhm. We can-" You awkwardly swayed on the balls of your feet while you clapped your hands together "shower...together"

you said those through gritted teeth, feeling like there was no other option if you wanted to be there on time.

"Ah well, that'll work" Kyoya shrugged and agreed before walking into the bathroom and past you.
You stayed in the doorway for a moment, letting a deep sigh out before you walk into the bathroom and shut the door.

You try to avoid his gaze, doing your best to pretend you're calm and collected like he always is. You take a small step into the walk in shower, turning the water on. You step out for a quick moment to undress and hurriedly step inside.

You keep your eyes stuck on one of the tiles as warm water splashed down onto your hung over body. You heard the shower door open and open. Feeling Kyoyas shoulder brush up behind you.

You both didn't say a single thing just washing your bodies and hair. You only spoke was when to ask kyoya to grab a bottle shampoo that fell.

After an awkward 6 minutes (you counted) you stepped out and grabbed a fluffy towel and wrapped it around your body. Another for your hair to ring out all the water and dry.
Kyoya walked past you with his tow wrapped around his hips. Going out to the main area to pick up his clothes. You did the same. Putting on your clothes and perfume then walking out the door with him next to you, silently.

A limo was already parked out front and a man in a suit stood by and helped you two into the car without any trouble from paparazzi.

"So last night" You started. Feeling a pit forming deep inside you, hands sweating, and your knee bouncing at a rapid pace.

"Last night was..." Kyoya tried to add on but felt himself unable to form anything. He ran a hand through his damp hair, glasses dipping down to the bridge of his nose.
"Last night was a mistake" He finally said.

"we can't be together. As much as I'm sure you are a good person. You have a history of bad things, you're technically a criminal. If my father was to find out that I kissed and had a relationship with a criminal I would be disowned" Kyoya explained.

"but no one even knows about that!" You retorted, shaking your head in disbelief. "You will never give yourself a chance with
me and having even a slightly fun life because your worried you wont get the main inheritance of your dad's company"

He rubbed his temple as you felt getting angry "Kyoya. You'll always have a place in that company and every other one they have! You're never not gonna be rich" You argued.

"I care more about my image than you!" He shouted. "I already have a plan on courting Haruhi, marrying her would give me a better chance at the best spot in the company. And she's a commoner!" He spat.
"I'd rather marry her and live a life without love than marry you and have a fun and exciting life. Those companies and my family will forever deem how I see everything, And that includes you"

the words floated in the air of the car. A tingle of sadness running through you. You half expected him to slap a hand over his mouth and apologize to you. But he stayed in his truth. Instead of fighting tooth and nail you nodded.

"Then stop having these intimate moments with me, stop kissing me" You said with your eyes filled with hurt and emotions.

"Perfectly okay with me" He retorted and crossed his arms.

The ride to the vogue photoshoot was complete and utter silence. Not even a sniffle came out of the either of you. You listened to music and Kyoya responded to emails and worked on an assignment for school.

Stepping out of the car when it parked at the front of the building felt like a fever dream. The windows in the limo were tinted. making the inside of the car darker than inside. The L.A. sun burned through your skin and left your eyes squinted and staring at the pavement.

Everything about getting ready and in outfit was a complete blur. Nothing happened you didn't speak unless spoken to by an employee of the company.

Soon you and Kyoya stood in front of single colored backdrop posing in cultural outfits from both of yours respective countries. The colors matched each other and your hair was slicked back slightly like how his was.

They made you pose with your face on his shoulder, him on a stool with your arms wrapped around his shoulder and your head on top of his. Every pose they picked out with innocent but to close for the two of you after the intense fight and inherent breakup of whatever the two of you had going on.

No one seemed to notice it, and if they did they just didn't mutter a single thing about it. You were quietly thankful for that, not wanting to talk about it. It was for the better you not speak on the matter because if you did, you'd end up screaming and ranting for hours.

The two of you reviewed the photos and decided you liked the one where you both stared at the camera and laid your heads on each other.  The shoot was about expressing two different cultures with one another. To anyone who looked it would look like you and Kyoya were close friends- maybe more. But between the two of you and the limo driver it was the opposite.

Leaving the shoot a few hours later you sat in the car and got driven to the hotel to pack your things and head back to Japan. Packing with Kyoya was stressful. He muttered things about the way you pack and would land you two arguing about the smallest things.

By the time you both got to Japan 25 hours later you never wanted to strangle a person more than you did with him.

The first day back at school was hell waiting to happen.