𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴

"Open the door!" For the countless times, I pounded on the front door of our home. My heart was beating like crazy, pakiramdam ko'y aangat na ito mula sa dibdib ko't patungo sa aking lalamunan.

"Please, just open the door! I'm... I'm begging you!" A helpless sob got out of my mouth as I started to hit the side of my body against the solid brown material that separated me from seeing Van. The front door's lock was only accessible with a key card but she took out the batteries to prevent anyone from entering.

"Van! Van... Just please!" This time I couldn't place a blockade as the tears quickly dripped from my eyes and dampened my cheeks. I couldn't care less kung anong isipin ng mga makarinig. Ang kailangan ko lang ay makapasok.

On another desperate attempt, I slapped the door, kicked it using my heel, punched it repeatedly until I felt something in my knuckles break. It should've been painful, but it wasn't due to the adrenaline rushing through my veins.

Finally, the concierge arrived with a repairman and my brother.

"Hailey! Are you okay?" Tanong niya nang makalapit sa akin. Kahit natatakpan na ng luha ang mga mata, hindi ko naiwasan'g mapansin na nawala na ang kalmado niyang postura.

"I... They... I n-need to... Inside!" Pagbibiyak ng mga salita na nanggaling mula sa bibig dahil sa mga hikbi, Harell pulled me in for a hug. He rubbed my back as I watched the repairman pry open the door's lock.

"It's okay. It's okay, I got you... Just calm down..."

When I heard a loud click, I immediately pulled away from the hug and trotted forward into my home.

"Van? Van are you here?!" My voice and movement was frantic, eyes ringing inside their sockets to see her but when I did, my heart fell from its place.