20 | sleepy sleepy sleepy sleepy

"Nnngh..."

What was that?

It was late in the night, you knew that much, and you were still cosied up in bed. The moon was shining through the window, because you and Seven had forgotten to close the blinds.

You sluggishly blinked, rolling onto your back, waiting for the noise again. When it didn't immediately happen, you chalked it up to sleepily hearing sounds of the building settling. So, you rolled back onto your side and curled into a ball, closing your eyes again—

"No...!"

It was Seven.

You sat up immediately and glanced over at the pile of blankets on the floor. Seven had insisted that he'd sleep on the floor so you could have the bed—he had the biggest blush on his face when you had suggested you share the bed—and you could just about make out the tufts of his red hair poking out from underneath the blankets.

Through the dark, and with help from the moonlight, you could see that he was twitching on the floor. You crawled over the blankets and peered over the edge, frowning at the distressed expression on his face. Sleeping was supposed to be peaceful, yet Seven looked like he was in a lot of pain.

"Seven?" You called out softly, hoping to stir him without frightening him.

"...stop..."

"Seven..." you called again, now setting yourself on the floor next to him. You placed a hand on his head and threaded your fingers gently through his hair. With your fingers gently scratching his scalp, you watched as his expression softened somewhat.

"D-don't... Saeran..."

Saeran. You grimaced, realising that his nightmare must be about his brother.

"Seven, wake up."

Seven twitched again, his eyes squeezing again.

"Seven, you're having a nightmare, wake up."

With gentle shake of his shoulders, Seven's eyes finally snapped open and he bolted into a sitting position. You flinched at the sudden movement, but you still stared at him with the deepest of sympathies. You reached out and cupped his face, frowning.

"Are you okay?"

His chest was rising and falling rapidly, but once he recognised his surroundings and realised you were with him, his breathing slowly became controlled and he calmed down.

"I..." Seven paused, swallowing nervously. "I'm sorry that you saw that."

You shook your head. "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. Are you okay?"

You couldn't believe that Seven was apologising to you for having a nightmare. Nobody would willingly subject themselves to experiencing something traumatic in a dream state. You offered the kindest of smiles and guided Seven into a hug, gently threading your fingers into his hair again to soothe his worries.

Seven seemed to relax in your embrace. "Yeah... I'm fine. Thank you."

You stayed there for a short while, just stroking his hair and calming him down. You were wide awake now, and you weren't sure if you'd be able to fall asleep again after this, but you could feel yourself growing cold from sitting on the floor, even though there were blankets there to act as a bed. You frowned, wondering how Seven could have even been comfy on the floor like this.

"Seven?"

"Yeah?"

Seven pulled back and looked at you, his golden eyes shining in the moonlight. You were captivated there, admiring his pale skin that seemed like glass, and the fact that his usual glasses were nowhere in sight.