1.0

Sariyah may have been five, but she wasn't an idiot.

She had people she did like, and people she couldn't stand. James Norrington fell under the category of people she could not stand. For any reason. In her eyes, he makes everything worse and isn't fit to be a commodore of Port Royal. But alas no one believes her when she says that. Well, except for one person. Her father, Will Turner.

Will may not be the best father ever, but he tried to raise his daughter with boundaries of how far she can run, so she doesn't get hurt. He is a little overprotective of his daughter, as he doesn't want her to get hurt. Sariyah's mother died when she was little from a sickness, which resulted in her being raised by her father. Who wouldn't trade his daughter for anything? With their little family, they spend more time together, and neither of them is upset about it.

Today, Will has to make a delivery for Weatherby Swann, the father of Elizabeth Swann, a woman who had saved Will when he was a boy. Over a decade ago, the two of them liked each other but not romantically by any means. They aren't the best fit for each other. She's the governor's daughter, and Will is a blacksmith. His father wasn't around much as they had lost contact over the years as he and his daughter had lost a family member. Sariyah's mom and Will's father.

Sariyah helped her father make a sword for James Norrington when he became a commodore. Sariyah wasn't paying attention when her father was talking that day. She has a short attention span. He has taught her how to make a sword, and she has her very own sword.

"Ready, Riyah." Was the voice of Will as Riyah was getting dressed into her dress for the delivery, which she saw no point in her getting dressed up in the first place. It's not like anything important is happening right now.

"Coming, Papa. Getting my shoes on." Riya says to him as he adjusts his suit meantime.

Will heard his daughter's footsteps and grabbed his daughter's hand into his free hand which wasn't holding the sword.

"Now I'm ready," Sariyah says with a smile on her face Will can tell that it is an fake one, just by looking at it.

"Are you gonna be a good girl today?" Will asked Sariyah as she nodded her head. As he knew what her answer was going to be.

"Yes," Sariyah says in a bored tone as Will stops walking once they get outside he gently puts down the sword and grabs his daughter's hands and her matching brown eyes look at his.

"Riyah? I know you don't like Norrington, as neither do I but can you please wait until he becomes Commodore? Please?" Will says as Sariyah's eyes glance down she knows her father is right as she doesn't like it when he's right.

The stubborn daughter slowly nodded her head at her papa and Will softly smiled at his daughter whose hair was now blowing in her face. She had an irritated look in her hair.

Will chuckled softly at Sariyah as he grabbed her favorite ribbon that she has and he pulled gently to put her thick hair in a ponytail like his but just higher. Once he was done with the hair emergency they started walking again as Sariyah mumbled things under her breath as Will chuckled a little at what she was saying.

"Riyah, what did I say?" Will asks in a jokingly stern voice at his daughter as she now has her famous smirk on her face.

"Sorry, Papa. What did you say?" Sariyah joked back but it sounded like she was in her thoughts again of inside her throwing James off a cliff and watching him go into the water.