Your True Calling

The gorgeous murals of a chapel towered above you, the renaissance depictions of saints and angels welcoming you to such a holy place with their grandiose.

Why were you here?

You glanced around where you stood in front of the wooden priest's podium, meeting the eyes of everyone who sat in the nave of the church. Some people you knew, others you hadn't the slightest idea who they were. Behind you was Julie, Sally and Poppy, all dressed in some of the most beautiful textiles you had ever laid your eyes upon- until you looked down and caught sight of the stunning outfit you wore that outshone even the stars in the sky.

In wonder, your eyes panned up to meet the warm stare that held you in such loving regard, Wally's short blue hair combed back and neater than you had ever seen it. He was dressed up in a white suit that coordinated well with your own apparel, his felt hands interlocked with yours.

With a soft look, Wally spoke his pledge, loving you with every part of himself.

"I, Wally Darling, take you, my precious Songbird; (Y/N) (L/N), to be my spouse. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honour you all days of my life."

Tears threatened to spill from your eyes, the memories of what had happened with the Puppeteer returning to you with a vengeance.

This was but a fantasy , a final send off to ease your weary soul into eternal rest. And like the desperate fool you were, you clung to it, if only to be happy one last time.

"And I, (Y/N) (L/N), take you, Wally Darling, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honour you all days of my life."

With your vows said, the ring bearer, Howdy, brought out the rings, offering them to you on a red velvet cushion. You cautiously grabbed the one you assumed to be Wally's, the crafted designs of apples and birds embedded in the band with colourful gems, Wally taking the other one before you could fully look it over.

Hands shaky with giddy anticipation, you took Wally's left hand in yours, gently slipping his wedding ring onto his middle finger, speaking whatever pledge came to your mind first.

"This ring is a symbol of my love and dedication to you, may it be a reminder of all we have been through and overcome together."

Wally looked on the brink of tears himself, a weepy smile curling on his lips as the band was fitted perfectly on his finger. The moment you finished, he wrapped his hand around yours, drawing it closer to him.

"And with this ring I pledge my body, heart, mind and soul to you, for there is no other God I would entrust it to~"

And with his vow, Wally slipped your ring onto your ring finger and you were blown away by its beauty. It was a thin silver band that looked like winding branches that curled around a vermilion gem in the shape of an apple crowned with a sliver of emerald cut in the shape of a leaf, a brilliant diamond songbird placed atop it.

Both of your marriage bands represented each other, the apple a reference to how Wally brought you to Home and to him and the Songbird an homage to your nickname and talents. Your husband had truly decided on a symbolic choice of intricacies and you couldn't be more ecstatic, even if this were your final fictitious moments before you would pass on.

From behind the podium, Frank stood tall in his officiate garb, book open in his hands- which upon further inspection was not the bible as you had been expecting, but rather a catalogue of butterfly species.

"With vows sworn to each other and unified in the eyes of God, I pronounce you husband and spouse. You may kiss the groom."

Taking charge you pulled Wally in by the hips, dipping him down as you kissed him passionately, Wally returning your energy in kind. The pews erupted with cheers and cries of joy as you and Wally sealed your unison with your lips.