Beluga (WOF/Solarverse)

Name: Beluga (A small species of cetacean which live in arctic regions)

Tribes: Seawing/Icewing (50% Sea, 40% Ice, 10% Night)

Abilities: Ice breath, gills, limited aquatic, slightly hypnotic voice

Age: 11

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Asexual but straight romantic wise

Appearance: Beluga is Mainly seawing in build but has several Icewing traits like the shape of her wings, head and back spikes Which are connected with a kind of webbing at the base forming several rows, the build of her front legs with webbing on the talons. Her wing patterns are interesting as they have bioluminescent patterns which look like a night sky or an aurora. Though something that is pretty noticeable is that instead of back legs and a normal tail she instead has a long Draconic fish tail with fins were her legs would normally be and a tail fin which has some sharp spikes. This is from a genetic condition which originated from a curse an ancestor of hers had. She does still have glow scales along her sides, fish tail, wings, and head though the ones on her head look like a larger version of a nightwing's tear scales. The rest of her glow scales like her wings resemble an Aurora. She does also exhibit fur on the top of her head, her neck which conceals her gills, and the lower part of her legs. All her fur is luckily hydrophobic though and is an icy blue like her underbelly. Her fins are also an icy blue though she is missing the webbing on her chest and lower front part of her neck. Her eyes are an emerald green and she tends to wear silver earrings and a silve band near her tail fin. Her horns and jaw are also like that of an Icewing. Also to get around on land she uses and pair of wheals which support the back half of her body.

Personality

Overall: Beluga is an odd dragon, at least according to many. She is very much emotionally suppressed and tends to speak in an authoritative and matter of fact tone of voice as she like to be in control of what she can be. This does make her a bit of a control freak at times and is very much OCD, becoming annoyed if a single scroll is out of place. Also she tends to mainly stick to herself and observe how others act and respond to things, being very interested in psychology. A lot of this stems out of how she feels out of control when it comes to her condition. She can suffer from anxiety and at times even panic attacks when she feels out of control. She tends to have nightmares of that exact situation, usually losing all control over her own body. She is actually a pretty scared dragon when it comes down to it. That and she is actually incredibly emotional at her core, feeling everything incredibly strongly. Her obsession over control is a way of managing that fear and her own emotions, though it isn't very healthy. 

Good Traits: Responsible, major self control

Bad Traits: Emotionally Suppressed and neglectful of that side of her, antisocial, OCD tendencies, doesn't usually ever go outside of her comfort comfort zone

Backstory

Background: Beluga comes from a long line of intellectuals on her father's side and several famous authors on her mother's side. Starting from her great grandfather Dreadfrost, an incredible inventor often stated to be ahead of his time and a founding member of NIAS, then her grandmother was an animus (the first Icewing one in millennia) and a Psychologist, and her father being Scientist who is high ranking member of the NIAS. That isn't also mentioning the fact her great grandmother on her father's side was also Royalty (a granddaughter of on of the many uncles). On her mother's side her great grandmother was a famous romance author and so is her mother, plus her grandfather was a general for queen Petrel and Sapphire. All of that basically is there to show how pressure was on Beluga and her siblings before they even hatched. Beluga hatched along with her brother Fjord at the coastal Icewing town, but she wasn't exactly normal. Her older brother Bering and Fjord both looked like normal hybrids, but not so for Beluga. She lacked hind legs and a normal tail, instead having a Draconic fish tail and fins in their place. This astounded her father but her mother wasn't surprised, as her great grandmother Kelpie had shared this same condition. For her great grandmother it was a curse inflicted upon her due to her egg being experimented on by an animus, but it seemed that curse became genetic. Her father, Everest, did his best to find out why only now this condition surfaced again and if their was some kind of cure. There wasn't but he was able to figure out that the animus gene on his side of the family was what caused the condition to surface. Beluga would never be able to move on land without assistance, but in the beginning this was fine. They also helped her control the hypnotic singing voice she had as part of her condition. When she turned two though, that changed. She was kidnapped and was sold to a skywing as a "living curiosity". Her family was able to rescue her, but that event left scars on her psyche. She was a very emotional dragon before that and loved to sing and have fun, but after she became scared and suppressed. She lost control over everything since her captor wasn't a nice dragon towards the dragonet. She became terrified over losing control over her life and body again so instead overcompensated. The once lively dragonet was now mellow and barely showed any emotion. This worried her family and they even tried to get her into therapy, but she was still too scared. She admired psychologists, especially her grandmother Firn, but was to scared of letting someone else into her situation and losing some of that control to accept any help. Besides she felt like a failure to her family's legacy by needing therapy at all, so denied all need for it. Even as she attended the Icewing royal academy, gaining a friend, and eventually graduating as top of her winglet, it didn't really help. She only became worse and worse as the years went by, having nightmares of the dragon that held her captive and developing OCD. Now she is starting out at the scientific university sponsored by the NIAS. Though her family more hope that someone there will be able to help Beluga heal. 

Hometown: A seaside town in the western province of the Icewing kingdom, though I don't have a name for it yet

Significant events: Her kidnapping and then being sold to a cruel skywing as a living oddity, the death of her grandfather General Hammerhead, attending the royal Icewing academy, the hatching of her little sister Harp, becoming friends with Tern, graduating, going to university

Influence: her major influences are her grandmother Firn, her father Everest, and her uncle Wave

Family

Mother: Calypso (a famous seawing author like her grandmother Kelpie, but focuses on mystery instead of romance)

Relationship: Beluga has a good relationship with her mother. Though it has strained as Calypso many times tries to help Beluga open up with no success. They were much closer before the incident.

Father: Everest (an Icewing with a small amount of nightwing traits. He is a famous scientist who focuses on studying animus magic.)

Relationship: Beluga is a bit closer to her father than her mother, but they also are farther than her father would like. They mainly bond as Beluga has time to time helped her father with his research. He to very much misses the lively dragonet that she used to be and even still years later to see a bit of that old self in her again. He can be a bit overprotective though because of the incident and Beluga pretty much being disabled.

Siblings: Beluga has an older Brother named Bering who is a doctor, her brother Fjord who is a big prankster, and her little sister Harp who is basically sugar dragonified.

Relationship: Beluga isn't really close with her older brother as Bering spends more time in at his clinic and home than with his family, she is pretty annoyed with her brother fjord as he can at times be a brat in her opinion and his pranks tend to just annoy to no end. She is a bit closer to her little sister and feels very protective over the hyperactive dragonet.

Other relatives: Her grandmother Firn is an Icewing psychologist and animus, her uncle Wave is a boat captain who works on the Trans Pyrrhian highway, and her grandmother Abyss is a seawing adviser to the queen Petrel.

Relationships: Beluga is very close with Firn and the animus is pretty much the only dragon she'll open up to. She is more so-so with her uncle who is basically that fun uncle who shops up now and again. She doesn't really know her grandmother Abyss all that well as the Seawing mainly stays in the seawing kingdom and closed herself off from the rest of the family after her mate's death.

Crushes: not really any yet, anytime she felt any attraction to a dragon she suppressed it like she does with all her emotions.

Health

Mental health: Beluga suffers from OCD, emotional suppression, slight anxiety, and trauma

Physical health: Beluga is pretty much hatched disabled, she can't easily walk on land with her wheals and had an entirely different way how to swim due to her condition.

Fears: she fears losing control over herself and her life to the point it is negatively impacting her life

Quotes: "Excuse me, but I believe that you exhibit symptoms of schizophrenia, you may want to get some help." (To a nightwing seer who she didn't know was a seer)

"This control is all I have. I can't... I can't... I can't lose it again!" (To her friend Tern after they get stuck in a cave with in and Beluga is freaking out)