Chapter 6- Gaius the Knight

It was the boy versus the giant, one standing only under 6 feet, with the other combatant easily reaching one-hundred, if not more. Wander's utter panic sent him running across the arena, sprinting in a desperate attempt to escape his massive foe. The giant raised his sword-arm, revealing a meld between colossus flesh and of stone, linking the two just below the elbow. It thundered down, crashing mere feet from the boy, sending him and a hail of dirt and gravel flying. Wander skidded across the ground and slid to a stop. He winced, trying to get through most likely several broken bones. He held his sword up, and the beams gathered upon its head. He looked all about the colossus, searching for a point on which to grapple. Seeing nothing, he called out, "how can I climb this beast, Dormin?"

Think, wandering one! Observe your surroundings...

Frantically, he looked around the barren arena, searching for a weapon or gadget to help him fell the giant. The only thing that he saw was the stone plate. His face lit up with an idea, as a bother strike from Gaius sent him flying. After recovering again from the brutal impact, he made a dash for the stone plate with the colossus in pursuit. Upon reaching the slab, he turned to defiantly to face the beast. As it shambled closer, it raised its sword one last time, and brought it down upon Wander. He rolled out of the way at the last second, still sent flying by the shockwave. The sword embedded  in the ground, and the force of its strike recoiled back into its arm, shattering several of the stone ornament s upon it, finally clearing a path up the colossus.

Wander grabbed the opportunity, and sprinted up the incapacitated sword-arm. Climbing around the colossus, he reached its belly, where a sigil began to glow as he drew near. He stabbed at it several times until it faded, drenching him again in the black fluid. He continued on his way around, climbing up to its head. This time though, the colossus  was ready, and it swung its head wildly in an attempt to shake the boy off. His grip slipped and he went forward over Gaius' head, managing to barely grab onto its nonchalant stone face. Wander stared into its emotionless blue eyes, which quickly icily turned orange as the beast began thrashing again. Again his grip failed him, and he was sent flying. Soaring above and away from the colossus, he made a last ditch attempt and threw the sword at the crown of its head. The blade sunk in and the colossus shuddered, falling to its knees as the black blood erupted from the wound. Once again, the colossus was enveloped in shadow and the tentacles snaked towards the boy. With no way to avoid them, the intercepted his fall, and his vision faded as he hit the ground.