prologue: his teddy bear

Lian's POV

I'm in the playground, swinging in a peaceful way. I love the breeze and the trees dancing along with the wind. There are beautiful flowers too!

I heard a loud noise at the slide. I heard a little boy crying so I tried to go there. But my mom said, "Don't go anywhere that isn't safe, you might get hurt." But I insisted, I want to help that poor helpless boy. As soon as I get to the slide, I saw a bully trying to destroy a little teddy bear. I couldn't help but to let out of my anger.

"Hey you!" I shouted.

The bully looked at me then the little looked at me next. By the look at his face, he's like a teddy bear! He's a softie.

"Oh look, there's a princess trying to save the prince, how thoughtful." He sarcastically said.  He's immature than me. He's about 13 years while I am only 5 years old. Because of my dad, I'm courage enough to take a grown person down. My dad is a former wrestler and now he's working on a toy shop. Well, my mom is just working in my house.

"Yeah, I may be not tall as you but you're such an immature kid who likes to bully stuff! So don't try to get a piece of me!" I threatened him. He looked pissed. "You're one sweet tough princess aren't you." He knuckled his two fists and tries to get closer to me. I got frightened as soon as he gets closer and closer to me.

"You're one brave little girl." He grabbed my arm easily and it hurts. "Ah!" I screamed. I slapped his face with my other arm. It's a strong slap and took the teddy bear. The bully screamed but I dragged the boy out of that bully.

We ran and ran until the bully lost his sight from us. We hid in a bush and keep shushing him. "Where are you! You little rascals!" He really lost his sight from us. I sighed. I dragged him again somewhere safe and it's the swing.

"So who are you?"  I was sitting here in the swing, and a boy who's almost same age as me is in front of me being curious of my look. He's following me you know.

"I'm Woonhak! And thank you, you saved my teddy bear from that bully!" He's very very happy. He's cute actually. He took my right hand and shaked as a gratitude. "Oh don't mind me! I'm just trying my best to save that little bear though. But your teddy bear, it's almost worn out."

"It's okay, I can get another one from my daddy. He owns a toy shop anyway." Both of us giggling and made a little conversation about our interests.

"So you love teddy bears because your mom gifts you every birthday?" He nodded and sighed. "Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

He was going to say something but his dad came to see him. "Woonhak, your mom is waiting for you!"

"I think your dad is looking for you. Nice to meet you, Woonhak!"

"Oh by the way, may I know your name?"

"Oh I haven't thought about that." I stood out from the swing and stood in front of him.

"My name is Park Seola. But you can call me Lian!" I said.

"Well then, nice to meet you Lian!"

We shaked hands again and left something on my hand. A little bear keychain. "In the future, I can find you soon so we can hangout more. I'm going to leave this town anyway and move to a faraway city. So that, I could study there. But I hope I'll see you soon, Lian!"

"I'm sure I'll find you too Woonhak. Pinky promise?"

"Promise." Our pinky fingers linked our promise. He started to walk away from me and waved goodbye. I can clearly see his face that he's happy. His cute teddy bear smile.

I hope I could see him soon.