Tired of Losing You

He's not here, either...

Snowball stared at the empty house before him, his hands curling into tightened fists.

His train of thought spirals. Grassy- someone who made his life better than it already was- had been missing for three days now, and despite his own efforts, nothing could be found of the kid.

What made it worse was that the memory of the kid consumed him. Grassy's voice whispered in the back of his mind, always making the colder object look aimlessly around the area, swearing that he heard him nearby.

Hours upon hours of searching drained him, he refused to admit it- but until that little bundle of grass was found, safe and sound, he could let himself relax.

The first ray of light cracked over the horizon, and Snowball's unease made the world spin. The city is too massive to cover in a few days. Abandoned buildings that carried haunted stories of the past makes the search harder; he has to look in and out, around every corner and under every table.

Yet, he still trails down the sidewalk, deeper and deeper into the abandoned city that seems to grow with every step he took.

Exhausted, hungry, and frustrated, he doesn't dare try to stop his search. He makes his way onto an abandoned park, silently peering into the snaking tubes of the slides before the sound of a snapping twig makes him turn.

To his disappointment, Basketball had run into him.

"Find anything yet?" Snowball asked, making his way towards the orange sports ball. He didn't acknowledge her tear-stained cheeks, even as she shook her head.

"No..." Basketball murmured. "I've looked everywhere."

A response that made Snowball's blood go cold. For a second, his brutish expression drooped into that of mere sorrow, before clenching his teeth, blinking away the terror that crawled up his soul. "Oh my flake. We need to speed this up!"

"I know we do, Snowball! But I have responsibilities- I-"

"What, Grassy isn't a responsibility?" He scoffed. Basketball's eyes widened, instantly putting her foot down to try and ease the hidden nerves of the ball of snow.

"Of COURSE he is!" She began, "i-I just- we can't let the others find out about this!"

The others. Oh, how sick Snowball was when it came to the others. The fact that he had been surrounded by a bunch of weaklings in the TLC was enough to make his mind melt. Of course, he had his friends by his side to fill that darkened atmosphere with casual conversations, but besides his friends, Grassy was someone that helped him through that grueling period, keeping him sane from beating the others up.

When they finally managed to break free and bring back the others, Snowball was ready to experience the joys that freedom had to offer. He could finally knock people's lights out- whenever they got on his nerves! He could do whatever he wanted, go anywhere he desired, continuing to work out so he could keep his title as the strongest object in Yoyle City.

Instead, he was faced with the realization that they had become JUST as weak as the armless losers in the city.

So many rules to live by. So many things to be careful of- he was getting sick and tired of it.

Clenching his fists, he would point towards Basketball. "Those weaklings that died?!" He snapped. "Who cares about how they feel, if we're going to find Grassy, we need all the help we can get!"

"Snowball, they're all still terrified!" Basketball could feel the scathing lava of rage erupting from her soul, her face soon contorting into a scowl as she continued. "They're going to flip if they find out that Tree and Grassy are missing!"