Coma pt 2

Everyone is sitting in the hospital waiting room. Grey gave them all the day off to go and see you for the "last time". Or at least before they unplug you.

"Alright you can now go in and see her. The room is small so if only a couple at a time." The doctor says the everyone.

"Let's just going one at a time. Give ourselves a personal moment with her." John says from behind Bailey

"Yeah. I'll go first. Give you guys a warning what you'll be seeing." Grey says. And everyone nods in agreement.

Grey walks into the room and the door shuts softly behind him. As he looks towards you lying in bed his stomach turns. He's seen brutal crime scenes but nothing could prepare him for this. See wires and nozzles hooked up to you. Seeing a friend hooked up to all of this and near death is something no one could prepare anyone for.

He sits at the chair next to you and clear his throat quietly. "You know l/n? I never thought in all my days of know you, which was a lot, that you go out like this." He pauses and chuckles a bit. "And I don't think you'd be too happy know you're going out like this. You would want to go like mid crime scene and very dramatic fight scene" he pauses again holding back and tears. "Just like you told me about. On your first day. You worked hard. You made the station proud. You made the station a better place by just being there. It'll take some getting used. That you may never come back. Or I guess you will never come back." He slowly finishes his sentence before it finally feels real. He stays silent the rest of the time he's in there just holding your hand that at least 3 wire surrounding it. "I wish this never happened happens y/n. I'm gonna miss you." He smiles again but loose tears fall. "I'm gonna miss you like crazy." He lets go of your hand and walks to the door.

As grey opens the door everyone looks up at him. "Who's next?" He asks

Everyone looks at each other before Nyla stands up. "I will." She says walking over to the door. Grey pats her shoulder.

"She doesn't look too good." He whispers in her ear. Nyla nods and continues into the room.

Walking and seeing the same this grey did. Wires and cords running all over you and tubes and nozzles to help your breathe. Nyla looks closer and see bruises and cuts.

"Oh y/n." She says sitting next to you. "You promised you'd come back alive." She pauses "I can't help but think it's my fault. I told you about the case. And I didn't check in after you missed your check in. I'm so sorry." Nyla bows her head down. "The station is a mess without you. Quite literally." She laughs a bit. "Smitty won't vacuum up his mess in the break room. We all thought 'oh y/n will do it'" Nyla pauses. "But you weren't there. You arnt there. You're here in this dreadful room. Your lucky you don't have to look at it all day. It is way too boring." Nyla pauses letting everything sink in. "Well, you've done good l/n. You can rest now." Nyla finishes before walking to the door.

She walks out into the hallway and makes her way to her seat.

The next person to get up is Tim. It took Lucy to convince him that you would want to see him. He walks to through the doorway and closes it behind him. He looks towards your bed and sees all the cords and tubes.

"L/n. I'm so sorry." He says as he scoots the chair to the bed. "I told you to go. I told you to go! I let you go! You didn't want to you but I told you to! I should have know. I shouldn't have let you go.!" He starts ranting. He pauses for a good while as he thinks. "I want you to be ok. I need you to be okay. I won't be able to live with myself if you die because I let you go and I shot you." He cringes slightly at the thought of him shooting you. "I shot you." He suspects mainly to himself. "I shot you and now you going to die." Everything seems to suddenly hit him. He realizes what has happened and what he did. "I'm so sorry y/n! I just- I just need you. You are my best friend. I can't let you go. I can't let you die. I need you."