Chapter Ten < The Deception >

The last thing I was expecting to happen tonight was to find out that Leo is hooking up with death and not telling me about it

He's just made things more complicated to deal with, i don't know what to think about him blindsiding me just before the plan started.
He's got explaining to do; the reason he didn't mention meeting saphfire and asking her out when he was supposed to pick Diego up.
At least he arranged a meet-up with black. That's a start.
The plan might have just gotten easier thanks to Leo's impulsive act. It's a good thing that they don't actually know the real plan. Otherwise, things would've gone south fast.
I went to the training centre waiting for Leo and black to show up. If he is with saphfire, that means that black is also on good terms with leo. I know Leo isn't actually with death, but it's fun messing with them, letting them believe I'm out of the loop. Seriously, I'm not golible.
Plus, Leo couldn't act to save his life, but saph, on the other hand, has everyone fooled with her facade. She knows exactly what she's gotten herself into and how to find a way around it.
It may take a while for her to put her guard down a little just for me to slip in.
They entered wispairing, planning,not noticing me come towards them.
Black was astounded by the design of the arena, taking everything in.
"Shiiiit, they're here, think fast." Leo said, noticing me. And she jumped on Leo's back.
What the hell!!!! He's so dead!!!!
"Leo, didn't you promise to show me around?! You said you'll climb up with me to show me the view and your favourite place here." Black said. Leo is a real player.
"I did, didn't I? Fine, hold on tight, princess. we don't want you getting hurt now, do we?" Leo said with a smile.
And then black actually kissed his cheek. I don't know why, but the action bothered me very much.
If leo isn't dead now, he will be when I'm done with him. Then he started climbing, as i watched how carefree black smiled, letting go of everything and living In that moment. It steared something inside me, I tried to burry deep inside.
I climbed fast, wanting to feel the adrenaline, clearing my head.
I reached the top fast and watched as they nearly made it .
"Having fun, you two?!or is just me?!" I said, still pissed.
"We were actually before someone decided to cut in." Leo snapped, annoyed I ruined the little world they were in.
If Leo thinks I've gone soft just because I've let him get away with many things, he's dead wrong. I'll give him hell he's asking for.
"We're on business, need I remind you, and since when have you and black been close? Weren't you going out with saphfire?! Nevermind, this way, if you please." I said, putting my mask on, pretending to be oblivious.
I took them to the gunshooting arena. I looked over the guns looking carefully as to which I pick, that'll be difficult to handle for women, I decided on a SIG Sauer P320-XTen, it's a nice gun, but not expensive enough to be worth much. Then I threw it towards black.
"Catch."
She went back a little and caught it with ease, pointing it at me. As expected from Death's assistant. She knows her way around guns and daggers, I guess, with the outfit she's got on.
"Interesting, not just an information guy, are we?" I smirked and was loving the look she had.
"Your point?!!" She said, annoyed. I guess I can get under her skin, and it made my smirk wider. Messing with her is fun!!!
"Nothing, just testing if you could handle a gun, Nothing much, now go fetch your boss." Not really wanting to meet death, just liking seeing her face turned red from being insulted.
"Excuse you!!! I don't work for anyone, and no one gets to order me around!!!!!!" Fiesty isn't she, just like saphfire.
Wait, is she actually sap... No, she couldn't be, or could she? I'll just have to test her a bit:)
"If you thought I'll trust a mere assistant with our gun, you're dead wrong. If you're just going to stand there, I'd advise you to get the hell out." I said, just getting under her skin, really.
"Fine, if you're not going to show me the gun, then how about a little competition, unless you're afraid to lose to a mere assistant." Defently, death, there's noway in hell that any information guy would challenge me, knowing how I deal with those who talk back and defy me.
This is getting interesting!!!
"You're on, however if you lose, you gotta pay for disrespecting me and I'll choose what you'll be doing and if you by chance could even tye with me I'll show you the gun, how about it black? Afraid of a little challenge?!"
I smirked, liking her confidence.
"Deal, however, I do have a condition of my own; if i win, you have to give me the gun, in addition to an apology." Huh, she's really cute thinking she'll win. I know death is strong, but so am I. Underestimating me is her biggest mistake.
"You think you stand a chance,you must be dreaming."
"Here's the rules, first, you get only three shots. Second, your last shot is while you're hanging on the rope. That's it, good luck, you're gonna need it."
I was going first. I took my gun and shot bullseye two times in a row.
I looked at her smirking, she's messed with the wrong guy.
For my last shot, I got on the rope and shot. It wasn't a great shot since I was distracted by Black's gaze. Either way, it hit bullseye. I climbed down, grining at her.
"My turn." She said, taking a glock.
It's an ordinary gun but easy to handle nonetheless.
She shot 2 bullseye as expected from death. Then she climbed the rope and fired two shots.
Dammit I forgot to check how many bullets each gun had!
One shot hit the bullseye, and the other hit a bottle right behind me, the bullet nearly grazing my ear. I pretended to be mad, but I was actually impressed by her way of showing her skills and power.
After she shot, she started climbing the rope, reaching the top, wanting to get away with what she's done. So I decided to use the lift to reach the top, not wanting to be behind.
I reached the top and saw her gawking at the arena, mostly focusing on the symbol my father chose;
We are in a jungle. Dad said that he's going to teach me how to be strong, to be fearless, and survive the harsh environment.
I was way behind him since I'm just 12. So I'm slower than him, and he won't wait till we've reached our destination, no food break, no slowing down, and most tragically, no sleep.
It's been two days since we started this hike, and we've only stopped when my physical strength was at its limit. We rested for a few hours and continued on.
Finally, dad stopped at an old thick tree with carvings covering its bark.
They were both names and different symbols on it.
"We're here.This is what I wanted you to see. All our antsisters have carved their purposes on this tree. They have all climbed this path just as you did.
You're going to be the next don, even though you have a long way ahead, but I think you're ready to carve your symbol, just as I did. Do you know why I chose an Iberian Lynx?"
I looked at his symbol, taking the details of a large cat with a weird face.
"Em, dad, why did you choose such a weak animal, no efence though."
He laughed at my weirded face.
"I hear what you say,i mean, from the first impression, it doesn't give a strong stance, does it?
but have you ever actually seen one?! Do you know its advantages or what sort of environment it lives in?" I looked at him puzzled. However, I thought, it didn't ring a bell. I mean, it's just a big cat, isn't it?
"Most people haven't even heard the name. I chose it for that reason. It's an unknown species that has very keen senses, sure its not the wolf or the lion that symbolises strength and wisdom or independence. Its very hidden symbol is what it counts.
When people face us, they don't know how we fight, hence ruining their plan for underestimating us and coming in blind. Always remember this, it's not always the powerful who survive and win the battle; It's those who climb through nothing,but hard work and strong will that reach the top. They may not win the battle, but they've already strategised the war and won it.
This is why I chose this symbol it's not a big animal. It's just big enough to be kept hidden and attack when least expected, trusting its instinct to lead him through. They never head to battle face on they plan for the right moment to strike, and that's when such a small animal can defeat a wolf.
Now, I want you to think what you want to symbolise. You could choose any natural symbol, but always remember the symbols before you and their meaning, choose how you want to be known for."
I Picked up a stick and wrote my name, then I carved a harland's hawk. They have sharp tallens that can tear everything. They're swift fliers and have great speed, and are different from normal hawks.
"Not bad kiddo, hawks do represent protection, and I'm sure you'll be able to protect and fight all the battles you face. Now, let's head back before your mother figures out where i took you on our boys only trip." He winked.
But I never used that symbol ever again, I wasn't strong enough to protect them. I wasn't fast enough, brave enough, but everything's different now. Dad was right. Being a mysterious force has the advantage.
So when I saw how saph was engrossed with it, I remembered that day.
"Beautiful, isn't it? My father chose this symbol. It's not as strong as other animals, but the true meaning behind it is what it counts. They're neither a lion nor leperd, not just fast but strong." I decided to change the subject, not wanting to recall anything else.
"Anyway, I guess it's a tye then, nice shot by the way, not half bad for an assistant."
She wasn't just half bad. She is Death Swift after all, and nothing's ever missed.
"I'm one who honours a deal, so I'll show it to you, and if you get us a meeting with death as promised, we'll make a deal. How bout it black?!" I asked, wanting to know how she'll act her death persona.
"You've got yourself a deal. And here's the schedule. you can meet death at the arena after her fight two days from now, good?!" She said, still annoyed from being called a lackey and a mere assistant.
"Thanks, by the way, you'll be there, right?" I asked, knowing she'll be there but not this version of her.
It's different. Her acts and masks are so controlled that finding her true self is near impossible, But this carefree and fierce, not so cold self is more tolerable thus far.
"No, I have prirer engagements, but death is there, so there won't be a problem."
That never was the problem, darling.
"It's truly a shame I was looking forward to seeing you black."
And I really was, looking forward to seeing her as black.
"OK, now that that's over, I'll give black a ride, call me if you need anything, and I mean anything." Leo cut in, and I just realised he was still here.
He's got some nerves joking around about hooking me up. Just wait, Leo, you'll regret the day you forgot who Tyler Santos is:))
"I'll see you around Santos." She said, and they took off. And I decided to get on with the plan.
"Hey Diego, Sorry to interrupt you on your date, but I need to discuss something with you. It's urgent. " I called, actually wanting to see how his first ever date went and later discuss the plan.
"Hola, it's fine Mano, she just left. So what's this about?!" He said, cutting to the chase.
"Let's meet up, then we'll discuss it thoroughly. So... how did your date go? Was she as great as what you're saying ? Or is our bet over before it even started?"
"First of all, the date was great, and we're planning for a second one. And she was as amazing as I had imagined she'd be.
Anyway enough about my date, where do you wanna meet up?" He said, changing the subject.
"Anywhere is fine as long as there are no interruption, meet me at our private headquarters in an hour. Don't tell any of the crew, the fewer knowing the better."
"Got it. Anyways, hasta luego,mi amigo!!"
"Adiós."
An hour is just enough time to finish phase one. Let's see how you deal with it Gustove:]

---------------
Hey guys!!
Sorry for the late update. I'll try to write more often.
Hope you enjoyed this short chapter♡
Please like and comment.