.•4•

The cozy cottages with not more than 2 storeys, vintage shops with flickering fairy lights and a beautiful taste for architecture. And Right in front was a building, entitled 'Mirac Quarters'.

This was the city of Mirac, situated all the way to the south on Galactica. It was also called the 'Cozy Haven'. But present time Mirac wasn't like this. It was more advanced and more festive. It always had an aura of happiness and acceptance but this just felt Like sorrow, as if a cloud had hung over the city.

People were walking around with candles in their hands, but Now days who would use them? Torches were in more use.

Inside a house, lived a little girl with her mother. The house was decorated with artefacts and ancient scrolls and had a cottagecore look. On a small chair sat the little girl. The girl must have been around 8 years old. Her mother, who sat on an armchair, held a picture frame close to her and held her daughter's little hand gently, as tears threatened to spill from her hazel eyes. Her daughter was reading a picture book, pointing to the characters occasionally, with her mother replying With a simple hum.

Her daughter finally looked up at her mother's face and saw that a single tear had escaped her eyes. She immediately shut the book and faced the hurting woman. "Mama, What's wrong?" She asked, but her mother just smiled. "Nothing plum." But her tears wouldn't stop falling. Nevertheless, she maintained a smile for her daughter.

"Really? But your crying!" The little girl pointed to her tear stained face. The woman wiped her tears off and rubbed her little palm with her thumb. "Not anymore." And they remained like that for a while. But the little girl spoke again, "Mama, where's Dada?" But her mother remained as quiet as a mouse.

After a minute, she glanced at the wall clock. It was 9. She picked her daughter up and pressed a kiss on her forehead, "It's bedtime plum." "But Dada-" "Dada will visit you in your dreams." She calmly said and walked up the stairs, the little girl still in her arms.

The woman laid Her daughter on the bed and gently caressed her head as she snuggled up in her blanket. She soon fell asleep in the warmth of the blanket. The woman sighed and pecked her cheek. She got up and put her picture book away and proceeded to go downstairs.

She soon returned to her armchair and hugged the picture frame again. There, she sat in complete silence.

But that was until She got a knock on her door. She got up and put the frame Aside. Opening the door, She saw a man, who had mid length black Hair, tied back in a small ponytail, green eyes and tanned skin. He was dressed in a normal white shirt and brown trousers.

"Oh, Hello Cairo." She greeted monotonously. "Would like to have a cup of coffee? I happen to have a lot of coffee beans available." But Cairo shook his head,

"Perhaps another day Maia. Is your daughter asleep?"

"Sound Asleep. And while going through the study, I found something that could help in the search!"

"I-"

"You have to see this!"

"Bu-"

"It's a huge collection of enchanted maps from all the-"

"MAIA!" Cairo yelled, finally catching her attention. "I have news." Maia looked at him in desparation. She wanted it to be good news. She wanted to hear that they had been found. She wanted to let out tears of Joy instead of restrained sad tears. She wanted it to be all okay. She wanted to go back to how it was. She wanted to go back to how he was three years ago.